MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cwejman, QMMG, Doepfer Comparison
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Cwejman, QMMG, Doepfer Comparison
dougcl
Here are three parallel patches all starting with a VCO-6 being amplitude modulated using a VCA4-MX.

In the first case, the sound is going back to a different channel on the VCA4-MX and is being controlled by the Cwejman ADSR.

In the second case, the sound is going to the QMMG in "pluck mode" (rather than VCA) which is being modulated by the Cwejman ADSR.

In the third case, the sound is going to a Doepfer ADSR and VCA. I tried to make this as similar as I could to the Cwejman.

The three repeat in order. Use headphones or it will sound like crap.
dkcg
Sweet demo!
The QMMG sound like sticks! Awesome, even thinner harder sticks. smile

I love that ring the Cwejman patch has. Opposite ends of the spectrum from teh QMMG, but still very cool. I should try with the MX-4S since I don't actually have a Cwejman VCA...

The Doepfer gets close, but that high end just doesn't get through with that ring like the Cwejman. But I bet you could get a a few Doepfer voices (or a whole A-100) for the cost of the Cwejmans. lol

If you can afford it, I think it's worth it to get that beautiful high end.

When I was comparing my QMMG and my M13s I noticed that they both handled different frequencies differently. I think the QMMG was more ringy on the mid t higher frequencies while the M13 rang more on the low end. But who knows with vactrols. All 4 gates on my M13s ring slightly differently.
dougcl
dkcg wrote:
Sweet demo!
I should try with the MX-4S since I don't actually have a Cwejman VCA...

Should be the same.

dkcg wrote:

The Doepfer gets close, but that high end just doesn't get through with that ring like the Cwejman. But I bet you could get a a few Doepfer voices (or a whole A-100) for the cost of the Cwejmans. lol

If you can afford it, I think it's worth it to get that beautiful high end.

Yep. The Doepfer VCA and ADSR work great for sending bursts to the A-188-1. There's plenty of room for both.

dkcg wrote:

When I was comparing my QMMG and my M13s I noticed that they both handled different frequencies differently. I think the QMMG was more ringy on the mid t higher frequencies while the M13 rang more on the low end. But who knows with vactrols. All 4 gates on my M13s ring slightly differently.

Too bad I had to put the M13 on the shelf to make space, or it would have been in there too.

I am still figuring out the QMMG (I am in awe). And it's worth mentioning that by switching to HP instead of LP, the highs became clear. It did the lows a little better though because the leak is less noticeable. With more experience I could probably improve on the QMMG sample here. I think I had the LP resonance up a little too high.
Glitchmachines
nice! The QMMG has that organic sound..
VanEck
I liked the first example the best... but that is also the most expensive example too eek!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1