MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MOTU 2408mk3 or RME Multiface II for PC?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author MOTU 2408mk3 or RME Multiface II for PC?
bendedavis
Which interface would most likely work best with Windows 7?
kbrush
i've never had good times with motu and pc (or osx for that matter). interfaces are one of those things i'm really not trying to spend much time on personally. i went rme and never looked back. haven't had an issue since.

rme are known for having some of the best multi platform drivers out there. stability wont be a problem

their ada's sound rock solid to my ears and i can run at latency so low my i7 rig sweats. thats enough for me. honestly, motu build quality has gone down hill imo and they;ve really never been at the level of rme anyway so...just my opinion though. autechre have made great albums on motu interfaces so there ya go...

i do use a motu midi router/merger. it's probably the sorriest piece of kit in my rack but it works so whatever. considering the minor price difference it's really a no brainer
bendedavis
Thanks, yeah I think I need to go with the multiface. I have an 828mk3 right now and I've been using my imac for the past few months. The interface has worked fine on the mac. I'm switching to my PC just to have more expansion options and because my imac was crashing all the time with 3rd party plugins. Getting some pretty bad clicks and pops with the 828 on windows 7 and have to run with buffer sizes above 512.

Which RME do you have?
JohnLRice
kbrush wrote:
i've never had good times with motu and pc (or osx for that matter). interfaces are one of those things i'm really not trying to spend much time on personally. i went rme and never looked back. haven't had an issue since.

+1! I "battled" MOTU PCI interfaces for years angry until I switched to Lynx. And Lynx was awesome EXCEPT with Samplitude 9 Rage! which I switched to about the same time. I finally got a RME AES32 card and it works with everything! This is fun!
bendedavis
JohnLRice wrote:
kbrush wrote:

+1! I "battled" MOTU PCI interfaces for years angry until I switched to Lynx. And Lynx was awesome EXCEPT with Samplitude 9 Rage! which I switched to about the same time. I finally got a RME AES32 card and it works with everything! This is fun!

Sweet. I should be able to pick up the mulitface in a few days once my 828 sells on ebay.
kbrush
if you already have a motu it might be worth trouble shooting the darn thing. rme is really a fire and forget solution though. guess its the old time/money calculus. for me time is always the winner and my opinion of gear skews that way

best of luck either way. i don't wish a weekend of interface problems on my worst enemy
JohnLRice
I should add that I use PC's for my DAW and I've heard that people using MAC's have pretty good luck with MOTU.
bendedavis
JohnLRice wrote:
I should add that I use PC's for my DAW and I've heard that people using MAC's have pretty good luck with MOTU.

yep the 828 worked great with my mac for just recording. But most of the time using plugins I would get random crashes. Windows 7 seems to be handling plugins alot better but I'm getting a few clicks and pops.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1