MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Favorite Boss Pedals
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Favorite Boss Pedals
MindMachine
I recently have been lusting a number of Boss Pedals (new Fender Reverb, Pitch Shifter and Bass Chorus, etc.). I have some that I currently own/use and was wondering what other Muff Wigglers like and use for what?

FT-2 Dynamic Filter (80's) that I use to trip out Casiotone keyboards. Processes shit and makes them sound like an EMS synth!

RE-20 Space Echo - I really like this thing. The echo and reverb are both cool. I am surprised how much I like this weirdo. I try it on everything.

GE-7 Equalizer - quiet as hell and works... Good to go on anything that needs tone tweaking.

PH-3 Phaser - just got yesterday. I dig the up/down/step functions for sure. The phaser is good. The controls all work in a good range.

AC-2 Acoustic Simulator - this madman works. I only own one electric guitar, but this thing is pretty cool. I also use it on Casio Sk-1's and drum machines, etc. Trippy when abused and cool when used.
mudlogger
Go for the older boss pedals if you can. A Keeley Modded black label CE-2 is a bit special also the DM-2 if you can find one cheap - highly recommended.
giorgio
stage tuner: great for synths

ds-1 classic cheap distortion

metal zone: put it on your x0x
Pockets McCoy
MD-2 Mega Distortion: Unassuming orange rectangle full of truly gratuitous fucking up of all kinds of shit. Easily one of the most obnoxious and unruly (in the best possible ways) pedals I've ever used, you don't even have to turn everything up all the way to get it to stick its head up its own ass and howl and sputter not in a "noisy pedal" kind of way but more of a "sweet baby jesus stomp on that fucker before my skull shatters" emergency kind of way.

Any of the PS-whatever Pitch Shifters/Harmonizers/Delays/Whatever else is in them: I have no idea what's going on music-theory-wise, and don't particularly want to. Therefore, harmonizers are a ton of fun because I don't even know what it means to play in a particular key, much less go about doing it, so the pedal can't tell what's up and acts as a spastic sample-and-hold-style detuner/pitch confuser. Bonus points for trying to get it to track chords.

DD-3 or DD-5 Delay, I think: Whichever one has the "hold" function. 'Nuff said.

XT-2 Xtortion: I usually stay away from saying these sorts of things because I very, very rarely believe in it, but it's just got something special about it. Just a really unexpected sort of distortion, very razorblades and thumbtacks, I guess aside from loving the way it sounds I also love the fact that it was made. I think it was aimed at the "thrash" crowd, but may not have been exactly what they were looking for. Sounds better than any "thrash" I've ever heard. Ew.

That's all that comes to mind for now.
deastman
The only Boss pedal I own is a Metal Zone. I find it works really well on a lot of synths.
Babaluma
I got rid of most of mine. I still have a DM-2 Delay, which I love on guitar, and my all time favourite is the DC-2 Dimension C (now replaced with a Fromel Seraph Deluxe).
Waz
Metal Zone
I have owned 2, both of them were stolen. I gave up on owning one. Someone doesn't want me having it for some reason. seriously, i just don't get it
100th Monkey
I absolutely love my Dimension-C.

Other Boss pedals:

MT-2 MetalZone (modded) - A really versatile and useful general purpose distortion.
DS-1 Distortion (modded) - It's alright, but not as good as I was expecting and isn't used that often.
FRV-1 Fender Reverb - Decent spring reverb sound.
FBM-1 Fender Bassman - Got it with the Fender reverb as part of a fantastic deal and haven't really used it. Seems alright on guitar though.
Klopfgeist
I'm a guitarist so I have a shit ton of pedals

FZ-2 - awesome old fuzz
FZ-2 - really awesome old fuzz
FZ-2 - super really awesome old fuzz
MT-2 (modded) - does the scoop thing, does the nasal thing, does the gabber thing on kicks
DS-1 (modded) - crunchy, annoying distortion, pretty cool with the Keely mod
LM-2B - terrible old bass limiter, sounds awesome and is noisy as hell
RV-5 - horrible reverb, i use it for some super secret tricks, doesn't sound good at all
RC-2 - ok looper, horrible interface but I did manage to base a whole concert off of it
SL-20 - pretty cool slicing effect similar to the MuRF but covers different ground
TU-2 - great reliable tuner but you can't see it for shit outside
NS-2 - good reliable noise gate
oh yeah the FZ-2 is awesome
Suburban Bather
PS-2 and 3 pitchshifter/delay
MindMachine
For those interested I have found that JR http://www.jr.com/category/music/ has Boss for $ 30-40 less than say Musicians Friend!!!! SlayerBadger! w00t SlayerBadger!
Chrome Dinette
I really like the DD-20. It does a lot of different things and sounds good.

I can't remember the models and my pedal board is not in front of me, but the Super Shifter can do some cool things, though super accurate harmony is not what I use it for.

I also have one of the dual pedal sized loop stations, and it works well for me.
aeon
I've got two Boss pedals that I chose because I think and feel they both work well with synths:

• Boss DC-2 Dimension C
  • Boss VB-2 Vibrato

Analog BBD goodness. thumbs up

I'll keep the DC-2 when I get a Fromel Seraph Deluxe. More channels of the SDD-320 DimD sound is never a bad thing. we're not worthy

The VB-2 does a great assymetric wow-and-flutter tape tone with a simple mod of adding two pots. Dialed slow, it also sounds the business when sampling a SH-2 for an analog-flavor polypad.

cheers,
Ian
stk
PS-whatever Pitch Shifter/Delay. As long as you don't want it to do what it says on the box, awesome shit.

CE-1 Chorus Ensemble. Good luck finding one (old housemate gave it to me). Warm as fuck shoegazery.
nrdvrgr
I love my GE-7B Bass EQ - it beefs up any signal.

Also have an old DSD-2 Sampler/Delay which is nice, but mostly because of sentimental reasons... probably the only gear I still own from the 80´s.
m0rb1d
dont like boss too much, sounds shitty to me compared to say mxr or electro harmonix.
MindMachine
aeon wrote:
I've got two Boss pedals that I chose because I think and feel they both work well with synths:

• Boss DC-2 Dimension C
  • Boss VB-2 Vibrato

Yes - those are two classics. I would love both.
Johnisfaster
m0rb1d wrote:
dont like boss too much, sounds shitty to me compared to say mxr or electro harmonix.

Why compare?
impaledfaith
i really like my rv-3 reverb/delay. it has survived all the major gear purges! i can't seem to part with it!
CalvaryBand
I really, really like the DM-3. It sounds very dark and haunting. Works great with synths! Slow Gear and Vibrato are must-haves as well.
djinnwithin
My favorite Boss pedals are the RE 20 Space Echo, DD-2 and DD-5 Digital Delay, TU-2 Tuner (although the TU-3 looks like it could be better), PS-5 Super Shifter and the PN-2 Tremolo Pan. The DM-2 Analog Delay is pretty cool, but for the money I would go with something else.
Christopher Winkels
CE-2 Chorus. I have an old MIJ one and everytime I think about selling it part of me sees sense and deletes the listing.
harolddonnelly
DM 2 is my all time favorite delay pedal!
Gregor Samsa
Quote:
GE-7 Equalizer - quiet as hell and works... Good to go on anything that needs tone tweaking.

Mine is a bit noisy! I really enjoy putting it in a feedback loop, that really makes it sing.
drewtoothpaste
The OC-3 Super Octave is polyphonic - works well in front of overdrive.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2