Interesting 12HP modules?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Interesting 12HP modules?

Post by dkcg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Work is a little slow today, and I have 12HP free in my rack, so...I was wondering about cool interesting modules that would fit in 12HP. My first thought was the Doepfer wave multiplier, 14hp...crap. Then I thought Zorlon, yay, 11HP, but AH is sold out. Seems like 12 is not such a magic number in euroland...

Any suggetions on more esoteric modules? Hidden gems like the PLL?

Leisure Cove
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Leisure Cove » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:55 pm

Two ELF LFOs and an ELF Wave Splicer? If you buy them all at the same time, it's like one 12HP module :hihi:

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Leisure Cove wrote:Two ELF LFOs and an ELF Wave Splicer? If you buy them all at the same time, it's like one 12HP module :hihi:
I got enough LFOs and 2 splicers already. :lol:

I'm looking for more wave shaping type things, I looked at the extreme filter too, 14hp. I thought about a buffered mult, but they're 6hp, so the other 6hp would be a pain, unless I got 2 mults, which I really don't need. I wish the wave multiplier were 12HP, that would have been perfect.

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Most of the interesting 12HP euro modules are Plan B, and if I recall correctly, you already own them. M17, M10, M13

Livewire doesn't have any 12HP modules, neither does Harvestman. I don't think Cwejman does either (14HP?).

The only 12HP Doepfer modules I think are the 106-6 and 108 filters.

Is the Dual Plague Bearer 12HP?
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 pm

The Plague Bearer is my fav new module. Nothing in Euro does this kind of distortion and overdrive and filter effects. only 8 though, get that with an ELF LFO, eternally useful.

Also of my favs is the Asys RS-310 Reverb/Chorus. The coolest BBD to do percussion, drones, weird reverby effects, general mangling - 12hp. Get a Doepfer to Asys adapter and widen a few holes to fit it next to Doepfers.

chimologic
Wiggling with Experience

Post by chimologic » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:06 pm

http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/index2.htm

has lots of interesting 12 hp modules,

synthi filter, fixed fitler bank, oscillator, distortion module,etc. + a bunch of useful things on 6hp too if you want to go for two.

The spacing on the holes are a little weird so you might have to put them at the end of a row, thats how I have 2 6hp modules from them this way and they fit fine.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:06 pm

felix wrote:Most of the interesting 12HP euro modules are Plan B, and if I recall correctly, you already own them. M17, M10, M13

Livewire doesn't have any 12HP modules, neither does Harvestman. I don't think Cwejman does either (14HP?).

The only 12HP Doepfer modules I think are the 106-6 and 108 filters.

Is the Dual Plague Bearer 12HP?
I thought about getting another Triple Timer, once in a while I find myself wishing I could get two going, and I think 2 M13s and 4M10s is plenty for now. :)

I looked at Cwejman, all seem to be 10 or 14 or more. The only Cwejman I really lust for now is the RES-4, but I think I'll start saving for a serge instead of buying more Cwejmans...kinda like 2 cwejmans = approx. 1 MModule.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:08 pm

REwire wrote:The Plague Bearer is my fav new module. Nothing in Euro does this kind of distortion and overdrive and filter effects. only 8 though, get that with an ELF LFO, eternally useful.

Also of my favs is the Asys RS-310 Reverb/Chorus. The coolest BBD to do percussion, drones, weird reverby effects, general mangling - 12hp. Get a Doepfer to Asys adapter and widen a few holes to fit it next to Doepfers.
I think I'll go to Big City this weekend maybe, try out some modules I haven't even looked at before. Maybe take a look at the noise/lfo utility module in that synthi patch from last weekend.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:09 pm

chimologic wrote:http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/index2.htm

has lots of interesting 12 hp modules,

synthi filter, fixed fitler bank, oscillator, distortion module,etc. + a bunch of useful things on 6hp too if you want to go for two.

The spacing on the holes are a little weird so you might have to put them at the end of a row, thats how I have 2 6hp modules from them this way and they fit fine.
I'll take a look. I like his modules a lot. How are the ASys VCAs?
The gate delay looks interesting, but I have a feeling I can do similar things with the M13 and a M10.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Figured out what I will get to fill it. 149-1 Quantized/Stored Random Voltages.
I want another flavor of randomness other than the Heisenberg.

And I'm DONE!

til the next rack... :help:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”