MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Interesting 12HP modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Interesting 12HP modules?
dkcg
Work is a little slow today, and I have 12HP free in my rack, so...I was wondering about cool interesting modules that would fit in 12HP. My first thought was the Doepfer wave multiplier, 14hp...crap. Then I thought Zorlon, yay, 11HP, but AH is sold out. Seems like 12 is not such a magic number in euroland...

Any suggetions on more esoteric modules? Hidden gems like the PLL?
Leisure Cove
Two ELF LFOs and an ELF Wave Splicer? If you buy them all at the same time, it's like one 12HP module hihi
dkcg
Leisure Cove wrote:
Two ELF LFOs and an ELF Wave Splicer? If you buy them all at the same time, it's like one 12HP module hihi

I got enough LFOs and 2 splicers already. lol

I'm looking for more wave shaping type things, I looked at the extreme filter too, 14hp. I thought about a buffered mult, but they're 6hp, so the other 6hp would be a pain, unless I got 2 mults, which I really don't need. I wish the wave multiplier were 12HP, that would have been perfect.
felix
Most of the interesting 12HP euro modules are Plan B, and if I recall correctly, you already own them. M17, M10, M13

Livewire doesn't have any 12HP modules, neither does Harvestman. I don't think Cwejman does either (14HP?).

The only 12HP Doepfer modules I think are the 106-6 and 108 filters.

Is the Dual Plague Bearer 12HP?
REwire
The Plague Bearer is my fav new module. Nothing in Euro does this kind of distortion and overdrive and filter effects. only 8 though, get that with an ELF LFO, eternally useful.

Also of my favs is the Asys RS-310 Reverb/Chorus. The coolest BBD to do percussion, drones, weird reverby effects, general mangling - 12hp. Get a Doepfer to Asys adapter and widen a few holes to fit it next to Doepfers.
chimologic
http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/index2.htm

has lots of interesting 12 hp modules,

synthi filter, fixed fitler bank, oscillator, distortion module,etc. + a bunch of useful things on 6hp too if you want to go for two.

The spacing on the holes are a little weird so you might have to put them at the end of a row, thats how I have 2 6hp modules from them this way and they fit fine.
dkcg
felix wrote:
Most of the interesting 12HP euro modules are Plan B, and if I recall correctly, you already own them. M17, M10, M13

Livewire doesn't have any 12HP modules, neither does Harvestman. I don't think Cwejman does either (14HP?).

The only 12HP Doepfer modules I think are the 106-6 and 108 filters.

Is the Dual Plague Bearer 12HP?

I thought about getting another Triple Timer, once in a while I find myself wishing I could get two going, and I think 2 M13s and 4M10s is plenty for now. smile

I looked at Cwejman, all seem to be 10 or 14 or more. The only Cwejman I really lust for now is the RES-4, but I think I'll start saving for a serge instead of buying more Cwejmans...kinda like 2 cwejmans = approx. 1 MModule.
dkcg
REwire wrote:
The Plague Bearer is my fav new module. Nothing in Euro does this kind of distortion and overdrive and filter effects. only 8 though, get that with an ELF LFO, eternally useful.

Also of my favs is the Asys RS-310 Reverb/Chorus. The coolest BBD to do percussion, drones, weird reverby effects, general mangling - 12hp. Get a Doepfer to Asys adapter and widen a few holes to fit it next to Doepfers.

I think I'll go to Big City this weekend maybe, try out some modules I haven't even looked at before. Maybe take a look at the noise/lfo utility module in that synthi patch from last weekend.
dkcg
chimologic wrote:
http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/index2.htm

has lots of interesting 12 hp modules,

synthi filter, fixed fitler bank, oscillator, distortion module,etc. + a bunch of useful things on 6hp too if you want to go for two.

The spacing on the holes are a little weird so you might have to put them at the end of a row, thats how I have 2 6hp modules from them this way and they fit fine.

I'll take a look. I like his modules a lot. How are the ASys VCAs?
The gate delay looks interesting, but I have a feeling I can do similar things with the M13 and a M10.
dkcg
Figured out what I will get to fill it. 149-1 Quantized/Stored Random Voltages.
I want another flavor of randomness other than the Heisenberg.

And I'm DONE!

til the next rack... help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1