MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What do you want to hear?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author What do you want to hear?
zerosum
I am and have been in the process of updating zerosuminertia.com and am starting to get overwhelmed in some ways, and excited in others...
I want to have details on my favorite synths,effects,etc and lots of audio to go along with it.
So, I thought "thats easy! Just put up everything!"
Well I might still do that, but if the first MP3 doesnt do anything for the visitor, they probly wont check out the rest of the list.
So I have been sorting(The hard drive is packed with sessions of exploration) and picking out things that people might be interested in or might not, and lots of "I dont knows."
So out of this list give me ideas of what you find interesting and what you want to know about it and hear it do.

Frostwave Resonator
Frostwave Sonic Alienator
Sherman Filterbank
Metasonix TM-1, TM-7
Blacet/Wiard designs Miniwave
SCI Pro~One
DSI Evolver
KORG ER-1 MKII
KORG Z1
Effector 13 TorN's Peaker,Truly Beautiful Disaster,Vintage Fuzz Maker
EHX Wiggler, Flanger Hoax

Theres enough info out there on the Virus b that I dont feel like focusing on that,
I use it for a lot of things, its a swiss army knife-run synths through it,guitars through it, drums through it, make pads and background filler, everything.

The POD XT, well pretty much everything crunchy and tight that sounds like an amp was done with it, thats it.

I also have quite a few songs in progress and always looking for others to work with.
Especially interested in finding other metasonix users, especially TM-3 and S-1000 users.
Chuck E. Jesus
FREEBIRD!!!!!
J.w.M.
Hmm... I'd like to hear what you've done with the Miniwave. Maybe a demo of it used as a quantizer (I've heard a lot about this feature, but have never heard it actually demonstrated).

If that's not of interest to you at this time, no big deal.
zerosum
Quote:
Maybe a demo of it used as a quantizer

I'd like to do this as well.
I need to read up on it again.
Muff Wiggler
zerosum wrote:
Quote:

hope this helps

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1335#1335
zerosum
Muff Wiggler wrote:
zerosum wrote:
Quote:

hope this helps

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1335#1335

Rad!
Thanks! grin
J.w.M.
Wow. I read the above link and while I'm still sort of confused as to what it'll sound like, (only because I don't have one in front of me to patch up), I'm now wanting a miniwave more than ever.

Certainly looks like a very capable module. Just out of curiosity, I wonder what standard AM Radio would sound like fed through the quantizer.
Muff Wiggler
ah fuck i just wrote a huge reply and lost it

i'll come back to this, sorry
zerosum
Muff Wiggler wrote:
ah fuck i just wrote a huge reply and lost it

i'll come back to this, sorry

ahhhhhhh smile Its the thought the counts...
But believe me, I know how much that sucks!!
I have had that happen numerous times in the past,including important e-mails, etc...

So now Im so paranoid that I copy and paste to notepad and save temporarily to the desktop.

cheers for the effort
Muff Wiggler
long story short, it quantized control voltage, not audio, so you don't 'hear' it persay.

you can either use it to bring a non-pitched control signal (like a Binary Zone's output, or white noise S&H'd) into 'key' as a pitched control signal. you can also use it to shift the key of an already pitched control signal.

you can 'hear' it in action on the second clip here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=252
J.w.M.
Ah-ha! I get it now. Thanks for the explaination... The other day, I was idly wondering if such a thing would be possible. Looks like it is.

Thanks again, especially for making the whole key changing aspect of the quantizer make sense.
zerosum
Well...I'll stick these in here for now:
TM-7 is at the end of all these(its at the end of almost everything i do)
BZ to MW to Resonator and some knob twiddles

This one is a little different,
narrow pulse clock out from BZ to MW in,
MW out to resonator LP freq CV in
EG-1 to Miniwave wave select CV in(used as an LFO)
resonator to boss octave
Number 2

More knob twiddleage
Number 3

This one has some TM-1 following the resonator
Number 7
J.w.M.
Cool.
Number 2 sounds great. I like the lfo sound in there a lot.
And number 7 makes me want a TM-7.

Thanks for further enlightening me about the quantizer feature.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1