MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sub-half inch knobs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Sub-half inch knobs?
neandrewthal
I am looking for knobs that are even smaller than eurorack standard. Like the ones found on Plan B elfs and harvestman modules for instance. Does anyone know where to get them? Also, for anyone who owns the modules in question, what kind of shafts do they fit on? Thanks.
Roycie Roller
The Harvestman pots are the square based pcb mount type, with a smooth, non-metal(?) shaft. I think Blacet are the same. Don't know where to get em though.
Harvestman/Buchla knobs (tonnes nicer than REANS)-

http://www.sifam.com/knobsSelector.asp?cat=Knobs_Push_On
wetterberg
yeah, you might want to look into those Sifam knobs, especially the domed ones, which by design have a smaller diameter on top, allowing for easier fingertip-control in a dense layout - that's key.
neandrewthal
Thanks guys, I think is the one I want:

6mm push on, no d shaft. Chugging Beers
criticalmonkey
where did ya get 'em?
neandrewthal
All I did was read the info on the Sifam site. I`m trying to get `em right now. hyper
neandrewthal
Arghh, I can`t find them anywhere, and the minimum order from sifam is 1000. I only want about 50, but in 3 different colors angry
6.4 Billion
I get my Sifam knobs from selcoproducts.com. I don't believe they have a minimum order. They're located in Southern California.
flight
Selco is the US distributor for Sifam. They don't stock much and you'll have to send an RFQ (Request For Quote). They usually have a minimum if it's something they don't stock.
Luka
they are always doing group buys for sifam knobs over at the midibox forum
perhaps check there
Luka
hey andrew i have 50 of those sifam knobs
like this but with a red line and they are not d shaft

i bought em for us$0.60 a piece so happy to sell them back to you for that
neandrewthal
I appreciate the offer, but I've got my heart set on the harvestman type love

I tried to send for a quote at Selco, but it wouldn't go through. Some shit about an invalid postal code. wtf.
flight
This has always mystified me: A manufacturer has distributors who, in turn, have their own distributors. This daisy-chaining can reach several levels of frustrating madness (and handling fees added to the price).
The manufacturer will have a MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity), as will the first level of distribution - if they will even talk to you. I find that sometimes you have to work your way down the chain to the "commercial" level. (Which is pretty funny, since the whole reason you began the hunt is that none of the commercial vendors stock the item and will have to order from the manufacturer.)

In this case: Selco is the North American distributor for Sifam. Apparently, Allied is the distributor for Selco - along with several "industrial" vendors that won't want to talk to small fry.
Here's the distribution page: http://www.selcoproducts.com/distributors.php
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1