MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

a few questions about es-1 and silent way
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author a few questions about es-1 and silent way
Johnisfaster
I keep looking at the es-1, not sure if it's for me or not

first off, if I have a motu ultralite will I need to use silent way at all or does the es-1 work since I'm already passing DC?

second, I've worked with CV audio clips in ableton before, would I be able to continue using those or is silent way set up as soft CV generators?

thirdly, I noticed that it passes audio too. Is it boosting the audio signal in a similar way that the a-119 would?

Thank you for your time. Guinness ftw!
reignbear
I'd like to add one too. I just picked up an ES-1 to replace my a-190-1. I really like the feature on the a190 that resets all of my sequencing modules whenever that clock stops. I'd assume there is a way to do this using silent way and the ES-1 hmmm.....
Johnisfaster
oh are you the asshole who grabbed the one in the buysell forum today??
os
If you have an Ultralite, you don't *need* an ES-1. However, it will give you greater output voltages than the Ultralite by itself.

Silent Way generates CVs in software but that doesn't prevent you from using CV clips too (in fact it encourages it, in the shape of the CV input plug-in).

It boosts audio in exactly the same way it boosts CVs. However, it does not offer a high-impedance 'instrument' input or a high-gain preamp, which I gather is part of the point of something like the A-119. So, you can pass audio from your computer through the ES-1, but it probably wouldn't be useful to plug a guitar straight into it.
os
reignbear wrote:
I really like the feature on the a190 that resets all of my sequencing modules whenever that clock stops. I'd assume there is a way to do this using silent way and the ES-1 hmmm.....

Sure, just hook up a Silent Way LFO set to output a Start/Stop signal.
reignbear
Johnisfaster wrote:
oh are you the asshole who grabbed the one in the buysell forum today??

(hides)
Johnisfaster
You better hide under that chair! twisted

razz
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1