MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cool stuff used
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Cool stuff used
Muff Wiggler
got a couple of cool deals, some fun stuff on the way

a Korg ER-1 from 5inusoid. Always wanted to try one of these out, and I *really* need a drum machine, I've been thinking of getting one of these to tide me over for a year or two 'till I get a machinedrum. anyway this deal came up and I couldn't say no

also a metalbox 8008 bass drum module, which i'm *VERY* excited about. i've almost ordered this one so many times, it's probably the one i want the most aside from the seq switch and burst generator... anyway very cool it came up used as well, a good deal from William Gibson

fun times
zerosum
Quote:
a Korg ER-1 from 5inusoid

I have the MKII, its a cool little box, the build quality is probly the cheapest thing in my studio, and Im waiting for the day that I snap of a cheapass knob.
The delay is cool, The audio inputs are cool(use those!!!)
I like using the audio inputs and sequencer to trigger very noises(see the soda meiser demos).

Another fun thing is to run the left audio out into a fuzz, then plug the fuzz into audio in one and trigger it on the sequencer.

64 step pattern is cool,(why the hell is the machine drum only 32???)

This thing takes me a while to program, I have 5 patches that I usually start with and modify as I do whatever Im doing.
I need to sit down one day and make some more starting points.
If you ever make some cool patches and sequences you want to share send the Sysex my way.

This thing also sounds really really cool through the TM-1,
the combo makes a bassline.
The TM-7 also does some small waveshaping and hiccuping with the teabag engaged.
Definitly hit the TM-1 and TM-7 first thing right away when you get it!
The TM-7 is really really cool with drums.
Muff Wiggler
woo hoo, can't wait!
kryptic
Muff Wiggler wrote:
also a metalbox 8008 bass drum module, which i'm *VERY* excited about. i've almost ordered this one so many times, it's probably the one i want the most aside from the seq switch and burst generator... anyway very cool it came up used as well, a good deal from William Gibson

Hey cool! smile I passed on that one, but I did just buy Bill's Blacet Stonz phaser. Should be here tuesday. grin
Muff Wiggler
get ready to be super impressed by the Stonz!

it was one of the very last Blacet modules I bought, I think I had every other one first. Total mistake, I was blown away when it arrived. Fantastic, lush sound, that thing is something else 8)
kryptic
Its funny that you say that, because other than the Klangwerk and the Time Machine (only because I havn't been able to find them yet) it is also the only Blacet module that I did not have. I'm really looking forward to it! smile
5inusoid
Oh, yeah. Forgot to tell you I put the ER-1 in the mail friday. Hope you enjoy it. I set it up to make sure everything was working properly, and I forgot what cool sounds you could get out of it!
J.w.M.
Ooh.. An 8008? I've been wondering about how it sounds. I've certainly read some good things about it. I can't wait to hear some demos.

Anyway, is it (like some of the other Metalbox modules) available in a DIY format elsewhere online? $150 seems like a very good deal in any case, but it would be fun to keep with the kit-based nature of the modules in my synth.
Muff Wiggler
that one, sadly no. almost all the metalbox modules are Ken Stone (CGS) PCBs, available dirt cheap from http://cgs.synth.net

however the 8008 is a Michael Ford (Metalbox) design, and you can't get the board on it's own

who knows though, maybe he would sell you a board if you emailed him and asked?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1