MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

List of Hardware Video Synthesizers & Audiovisualizers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author List of Hardware Video Synthesizers & Audiovisualizers
bentoncbainbridge
Quote:
Resurrecting this thread from the dead. In the next month or so I hop etc be able to check out the Templeton Mixer, a few of these were built for NCET in SF. I'll also be talking to Larry Templeton, the designer around that time. Hopefully I'll get the profile and pictures I did of the Steve Beck Direct Video Synth out around that time as well...

Templeton Mixer

Wow, that Joystick is the same used on the Rutt/Etra Video Synth! Any clue as to the make/model, Bill?[/quote]
Dirty_Bill
bentoncbainbridge wrote:

Wow, that Joystick is the same used on the Rutt/Etra Video Synth! Any clue as to the make/model, Bill?

I don't. We may be able to pop it open next time I'm with Bob, or ask Larry about it. It was made a LOOOONG time ago so probably not still available. They're three axis. I did find these on eBay, but they are only 10k:

3-Axis Joystick
bentoncbainbridge
Nice find, Bill!
I still want to find that exact 70s era joystick. The Z knob can be turned with forefinger and thumb for precise one handed 3 axis action. The Rutt/Etra also has an excellent switchable slew function . It's how I did all the hand animation for the TV On The Radio video
Another excellent 3 axis joystick was on the Sony DME-3000 (if I correctly recall the model number). Bill Etra performed really well with that one, as well as the RE4 of course.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3