MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mounting Blacet into wood rack rails
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Mounting Blacet into wood rack rails
daveoftheuniverse
I've been asked to build a wood cabinet for a customer in France who would like to house 42 Blacet modules...2 tiers of 21. I've determined that each tier's opening should be 5.25" in height and 31.5" wide (let me know if that looks accurate). I have been asked to make the mounting rails out of hardwood strips and he will pre-drill mounting holes in the strips when he receives the case. My question is how thick should these strips be? I know that the mounting holes are centered .30" from the upper and lower edges of the front panel, but I'm not sure how much clearance there is between the mounting holes and the jacks and other components. The strip would need to be thick enough to accept the screws at .30", but not interfere with the jacks, etc...

Would 1/2" strip be too much?

Sorry, I don't have any experience with synth modules...i normally just make wooden racks for standard 19" equipment, so any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.
plord
1/2" mounting blocks should do it. The PCBs are 4.25 minus a hair. Most other Frac manufacturers are similar. The screws will go in .3" from top and bottom.
daveoftheuniverse
Thanks for the info plord! I saw at the Blacet website that the PCB was 4.22" but wasn't sure about any other components, so thanks for confirming that. Have a great Holiday and a Happy New Year!
consumed
here's the draft for a standard 2u panel

http://blacet.com/FPtyp.jpg
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1