MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pseudorandom gate dividers and faux-buchlaness
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Pseudorandom gate dividers and faux-buchlaness
brandon daniel
http://bleep.fdiskc.com/2008/12/24/random-gates-analog-version/

I made some custom modules in plogue bidule to take midi note input and then spit out midi notes at various random intervals divided down from the main midi clock. Loads of fun!

This is then playing the faux-buchla rig of two model 15s (plus a z3k) into a pair of doepfer Lowpass Gates.

The 808 is, of course, an 808.

Hope you enjoy the tech demo.
dougcl
nice
neandrewthal
I like SlayerBadger! It's got a sort of "woody" quality about it.

Seriously, though. That shit sounds like a marimba.
knich
Very nice! Any chance you could post the Bidule group for download?
wetterberg
neandrewthal wrote:
I like SlayerBadger! It's got a sort of "woody" quality about it.

lol! "GORRRRN" - I love that bit. And I love that sample, Brandon. Will have to do the same later tonight!
brandon daniel
knich wrote:
Very nice! Any chance you could post the Bidule group for download?

Sure, I always share these, actually. I'll add this one to the zipped bundle of sequencers I have up for download and PM you with the info when it's up.
futuresoundsystems
That's really cool, I did a similar semi-random clocking thing with my Monomachine - there's a great "Multiplier" control on the LFO sections which works great when you have another LFO controlling it hihi
DGTom
neandrewthal wrote:

love

Totally! I NEED some LPGs (or 10) now!!!

Would love to hear a clean 808 & Congas / 4x4 / Afro House re-lick of this. I would play the shit out of it!
brandon daniel
DGTom wrote:
neandrewthal wrote:

love

Totally! I NEED some LPGs (or 10) now!!!

Would love to hear a clean 808 & Congas / 4x4 / Afro House re-lick of this. I would play the shit out of it!

That's easy enough to do, actually, as it was multitracked, and most of the fx are plugins, so easily removed.
tragedybysyntax
Reminds me of a track on NIN's Ghost's Album. Fucking amazing! smile
criticalmonkey
plogue bidule looks interesting -
can you do a brain dump on it - like does it make real au/vst instruments or is it some rewire support version and
how stable is it

always looking for new ways to work
wetterberg
any application with an arpeggiator can be coerced into doing these funky rolls... I did it today with the arp in Ableton Live and a teeny bit of automation on the rate.
JohnLRice
Wow, that's great! (and not 'tinny' at all! lol )
brandon daniel
criticalmonkey wrote:
plogue bidule looks interesting -
can you do a brain dump on it - like does it make real au/vst instruments or is it some rewire support version and
how stable is it

always looking for new ways to work

Bidule comes in two versions, one a standalone app with rewire support, another that's a vst/au plug in that presents all it's IO to any properly-spec'ed host application. In this case, I was hosting the VST version in Cubase, sending midi from a midi track to Bidule's midi input, then taking bidule's midi output to another midi track, which was routed out to the modular. It's a little tweezy to set up the first time, but it works once you get the hang of it.

As for Bidule, I love it for quick prototyping of custom control schemes, as I've never really wrapped my head around max/msp, and Bidule just seems to mostly match how my brain works. I do wish it had better UI layout tools for the modules you create in it, but supposedly that's on the list of things to do...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1