MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing ADDAC501 Complex Random
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Introducing ADDAC501 Complex Random
Nuuj
Any way to mod this to get a clock output?
I've been using a slope detector, but I'd gladly give up one of my random gates for a clock output.
__ag
Hello Nuuj,

this could be arranged if i'd sent you a custom firmware IC that you could replace in your module.
please send me a private message if you wish to proceed!

all the very best
andre
Nuuj
Got my new chip today, thanks.
While installing, I noticed a bunch of jumpers.
What do they do?
LNR
Oh,this is pure happiness!
wmbb
Looks Great.

I like the idea of having 3 outputs and understand that the voltage and frequency parameters for each of them are independent , but I do not understand the process by which they are independent.

I mean, the video makes it clear how the knobs and cvs act together to create a SINGLE output, but I do not see how the other two outs are derived from them. Where do these other 2 outputs come from?

Thanks
ADDAC System
wmbb wrote:
Looks Great.

I like the idea of having 3 outputs and understand that the voltage and frequency parameters for each of them are independent , but I do not understand the process by which they are independent.

I mean, the video makes it clear how the knobs and cvs act together to create a SINGLE output, but I do not see how the other two outs are derived from them. Where do these other 2 outputs come from?

Thanks

The process is the same for the three outputs. The module randomises a different value for each channel between the Min and Max value set on the knobs.

Let's say you set the Min voltage to 0Volts and Max voltage to 5Volts. Channel one randomises 3Volts, channel two randomises 4.7Volts and channel three randomises 1.7Volts and so on.

hope this helps,
ADDAC TEAM
Paranormal Patroler
Hey, can we have some more info on the frequency input? The switches aren't labelled in the best possible way.
ADDAC System
hi!

So, about the frequency input,
If the module is on internal clock mode, the clock is related to the MIN and MAX knobs/cv's.
If you flip the switch to external clock mode you can clock it with an external gate, LFO, sequencer etc. In manual mode you can clock it by hand, on this mode MIN knob acts as a manual gate, from center to left is LOW (Gate OFF) and from center to right is HIGH (Gate ON).
On External clock mode the MAX knob/cv acts as a gate delay.

Hope this helped thumbs up

All the best,
ADDAC Team
arnoux
Hi there!

I've got a silly question: can you program a voltage distribution like the Doepfer A-149 n+1 output? Just to let it play say just two different octaves?

Thanks in advance!
ADDAC System
Hi Arnoux

I'm not very familiar with the A-149, but i would say this is possible.

All the best,
ADDAC Team
22tape
Digging this one up.

When the 501 is being synced externally, do the gates on the expander also sync?
Summa
22tape wrote:
Digging this one up.

When the 501 is being synced externally, do the gates on the expander also sync?

Yes
22tape
Summa wrote:
22tape wrote:
Digging this one up.

Yes

Great, thanks!
22tape
oh also--

when synced, do the four outs only send random voltages on every clock pulse? Or do they constantly send voltages, and the clock pulse acts as a reset of sorts to keep it in time or?

thanks!
Summa
22tape wrote:
oh also--

when synced, do the four outs only send random voltages on every clock pulse? Or do they constantly send voltages, and the clock pulse acts as a reset of sorts to keep it in time or?

thanks!

If the clock stops the random output is on hold, very cool way of doing rhythms with sequenced melodies that follows the same clock.
22tape
Summa wrote:
22tape wrote:
oh also--

thanks!

If the clock stops the random output is on hold, very cool way of doing rhythms with sequenced melodies that follows the same clock.

w00t

thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2