MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

questions for synth/pedal users
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author questions for synth/pedal users
mijome07
How many pedals do you run at any given time? How do you have them setup in the chain? I run a chorus and flanger. Or just a vibrato. Ordered a distortion to run before the vibrato. Looking also at getting an inexpensive eq pedal.
Just me
Anything from none to 18 pedals. In the order that suites my needs at the time. Once I get more than a few going, I find it easier to start chaining them through my mixer to keep the noise levels under control. (And a noise gate can be a lifesaver in some situations.)
numbertalk
While it is a whatever sounds good to you thing, if you're like me, a rule of thumb reference is nice:

http://www.masht.com/guitars/order_of_effects.htm

You can also search google - lots of sites with opinions and info.
mijome07
Just me wrote:
Anything from none to 18 pedals. In the order that suites my needs at the time. Once I get more than a few going, I find it easier to start chaining them through my mixer to keep the noise levels under control. (And a noise gate can be a lifesaver in some situations.)

Sounds good. Mind listing what combination(s) you use?
mijome07
numbertalk wrote:
While it is a whatever sounds good to you thing, if you're like me, a rule of thumb reference is nice:

http://www.masht.com/guitars/order_of_effects.htm

You can also search google - lots of sites with opinions and info.

I agree. I searched before posting here. I'll search some more.
Just me
I've got a couple Memphis Rotophases, MXR distortion, Boss Super overdrive, Line 6 rotormachine, BBE stinger, EH Small Clone, BP8, DOD 375 Flanger, Strymon El Capistan, MF101,102 X2, 103X2, 104, 105, 107. Ibanez DD1000, TC300, Furman compressor, limiter, expanders. DOD Gates, etc.

I seem to run them in different orders everytime and usually in series/parallel chains.
Klopfgeist
Sometimes I use none, sometimes I use 1, sometimes I run out of cables.
bar|none
Strymon El Capistan and Empresse Vintage Super Delay.
haiku-ish
there is no rules, i can use 6 or 5 in serie or //, i like to put the stereo ones at the end (delay; chorus)...
dickwolf
YES. I run a Fuzz Probe and a Deluxe Memory Man on a send/return on my mixer a lot of times. Gets used less often now, but I still love both those on just about anything. nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1