MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Do your donut knobs wiggle?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Do your donut knobs wiggle?
Johnisfaster
Just got a used donut and haven't had a chance to test, the knobs wiggle a little bit but I can't tell if it's normal or not. How do yours feel?
frozenkore
I want to say mine wiggle too... I'll have to check when I get home.
Glitchmachines
Johnisfaster wrote:
Just got a used donut and haven't had a chance to test, the knobs wiggle a little bit but I can't tell if it's normal or not. How do yours feel?

The first time I bought a Donut, it was used and there was a bit of knob wiggle, for sure.

Just recently, however, I bought one used and the knobs feel pretty solid (extremely minor wiggle, but not like before)

This could be due to a newer manufacturing batch versus the older one, but I don't know if that would make any difference mechanically.

I just bought another Donut used, and was told it's from the latest batch - will report back regarding wiggle or absence thereof.

As I understand it, this is normal - just a consequence of using PCB-mounted pots.
sandyb
yes. it's normal. it's due to the way the pots are mounted. don't worry about it - they work fine.
Johnisfaster
Cool cool

I was concerned when the box showed up it was obviously crushed on one end a bit. Took a picture before opening. Module looks good though. Can't wait to make some noise.
dubchild
I pack 'em to survive the worst. Glad it showed up safely. thumbs up
The knobs were wiggly new from AH when I bought it.
ynth
The top row of knobs on my primary osc are wiggly in a good way. Fun to give 'em a shake mid-sequence for a temporary rumble or squeak.
chinard
yeah i got wiggly knobs on my HD as well as all my other harvestman stuff.
(tyme sefari seems the wiggliest)
Johnisfaster
dubchild wrote:
I pack 'em to survive the worst. Glad it showed up safely. thumbs up
The knobs were wiggly new from AH when I bought it.

Yeah you packed it well. Good thing too cause it looks like it used the bubble wrap on this trip wink
Kodama
Yeah, I think Scott is just going for the "quality" Buchla vibe lol

Seriously, even with that and the funny interface quirks - you'll love it to death. Now I'm obsessed about getting it a Piston brother! The Harvestman
Johnisfaster
Can you tell I work at a convenience store? Hehe.
ignatius
mine wiggle a little. sort of the same wiggle tolerance on each one but they feel pretty solid. the pots themselves don't "bend" when they wiggle.
justin3am
Johnisfaster wrote:

Fuckin' Swisher Sweets! I use those as blunt wraps all the fucking time!
Kodama
Johnisfaster wrote:

Family Biz?
Johnisfaster
Yeah it's the family biz. Donut tests good, really excellent module!
zerosum
justin3am wrote:

Fuckin' Swisher Sweets! I use those as blunt wraps all the fucking time!

Ouch. My lungs hurt just thinking about it sad banana

Juicy Jays man thumbs up w00t applause and those RAW rolls are pretty convenient too 8_)
computer controlled
This title is ripe for a new Dr. Synthesizer video!
Kakihara
All of my Harvestman do wiggle a bit
The_Crooked_Man
I've had a Donut, Malgorithm, Zorlon, and Polivoks, and they all had wiggly knobs, but functioned perfectly. A bit strange at first, but you'll get used to it, and learn to appreciate it as an endearing quirk thumbs up
Johnisfaster
Actually after using it for a couple of days I don't even really notice the wiggle unless I'm thinking about it. Works just fine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1