MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tony @ Makenoise plz look at this!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Tony @ Makenoise plz look at this!
Xiaodaner
1st post here wink

Just figured out what I need. To put it simple, one channel of multimode gate triggered by a tap tempo clock which has a ratio adjustment. Also a switch to engage a feedback loop (better to be a stomp switch too - so there will be 3 stomp switches on it).

It will just take a small part of QMMG and model 28 to realized this but what I want it to do is to provide this function while leaving the modular doing more stuff. And btw it is pretty hard to change fx on a module while playing a bass guitar, even with a massive switching pedal there will be too many patch cables going on.

Post here to see if there are anyone with me?

BTW: who knows what are Makenoise's "coming soon" :
the DEAD BUG
dronelab
CREATION
? And when?

/M.Q.
makenoise
Quote:

Just figured out what I need. To put it simple, one channel of multimode gate triggered by a tap tempo clock which has a ratio adjustment. Also a switch to engage a feedback loop (better to be a stomp switch too - so there will be 3 stomp switches on it).

You could use 2 of the remaining channels of the QMMG in Both or VCA mode, and the MIX OUT, for your feedback loop. This would allow for voltage control of the feedback loop. A Gate signal could turn on the Feedback-loop (apply gate to Control Signal IN).

Quote:

It will just take a small part of QMMG and model 28 to realized this but what I want it to do is to provide this function while leaving the modular doing more stuff. And btw it is pretty hard to change fx on a module while playing a bass guitar, even with a massive switching pedal there will be too many patch cables going on.
Post here to see if there are anyone with me?

I think I am... but not completely sure what you are trying to achieve.

Quote:
BTW: who knows what are Makenoise's "coming soon" :
the DEAD BUG
dronelab
CREATION
? And when?
/M.Q.

The Dead Bug will probably be the first Make Noise stompbox. I am going to try to get this finished in 2009, but I have at least 3 synthesizer modules to release in 2009 as well.

Tony

[/quote]
Xiaodaner
In other words, it is sort of a tap tempo tremolo pedal with a multimode gate instead of a VCA.

=====

Anyway, will there be one new module from you appear in "Jan, NAMM 2009? Can you disclose a bit info?

/M.Q.
makenoise
Yes, this is possible with the above described patch.

Tony
Xiaodaner
Yes def, and it will be simple patch. but I meant to have a pedal for live use while leaving the module free for other complex stuff. Seems like you don't understand my point... d'oh!

...whatever I think I need one qmmg anyway.

Keep up your great work! Guinness ftw!
felix
I know what you mean. I wanted to make a pedal like this for myself a while back and never got around too it.

It was a lot more basic in concept though. It was three parallel signal paths (mults of the input) with different gates running off of tempo divisions (rotary selector on each, master tempo knob) with a volume knob for each signal paths, all mixed back down to a mono output.

What you would end up with is various dynamic rhythms. Tap tempo and all the multi mode gate/VCA were (still are most likely) beyond my abilities. What I spec'd what something I felt confident that I could build. Maybe I should revisit it.
Xiaodaner
felix wrote:
...It was a lot more basic in concept though. It was three parallel signal paths (mults of the input) with different gates running off of tempo divisions (rotary selector on each, master tempo knob) with a volume knob for each signal paths, all mixed back down to a mono output....

I used to have similar ideas back in the past year about the clock section, only to drive different analog drum section rather than VCA's.

A simple seq + vca can do similar result as your design (not exactly the same tho). It would make more sense to your design if you replace the VCA's with multimode gates, so different channel (with different rhythm divisions) can sound totally different. Or you'd better finish with seq+vca as a much more simpler-to-build design IMO.

Designing a tap tempo is beyond my ability as well, I guess there needs to be some sort of digital circuit, or phase locked loop involved.

/M.Q.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1