MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wanna nice true stereo tube spring reverb?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Wanna nice true stereo tube spring reverb?
Peake
Pioneer SR-101 or JVC Nivico...short reverb tanks but there are two per unit, wired so that the reverb outputs cross the channel outputs (left reverb outputs into the right channel).

Nice tube stages as well. Better than you'd expect.

What's a synth without spring reverb, much less true stereo and tubey?

Just for pics:

http://www.classicaudio.com/forsale/pio/SR101.html

There's a Pioneer on US eBay for $129.00, which is too much, IMO. That's why it's good to know that the JVC is seemingly just a re-badged 101.

(FWIW, I recently came across a Pioneer SR-202 and it's a mono unit, solid-state, very short tank. From what I can attempt to hear in the youtube demos, the later SR-303 is better-sounding than the 202, and the 202 is very heavy due to a thick wood enclosure...probably ridiculous $$$ to ship, versus what it does...)
monroe
http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/amp_parts/AmpParts_Electronic/A mpParts_Reverbs?gclid=CMCsicDk3aUCFQITbAod80wv0w

cheap cheap
CalvaryBand
I have a Pioneer SR-202 and it is stereo. I think there were a couple models, though.

It is pretty noisy but sounds great.
sam
Fostex 3180, Orban 111b.
Peake
CalvaryBand wrote:
I have a Pioneer SR-202 and it is stereo. I think there were a couple models, though.

It is pretty noisy but sounds great.

The one I found has only a single spring tank. I figuire it's mixed back into the stereo outputs, so the =through= is true stereo (can use in a receiver's tape monitor loop) but the effect is in mono, summed to stereo.

It does have quite a boing, doesn't it? Nothing wrong with using a 17" dual spring tank with it, like at monroe's link.

There's a really nice Tapco rack reberb too, I don't remember if it's true stereo. Has a nice EQ section.
Peake
General gear? I bow to the admins, but every modular synth should have a spring reverb.

Doepfer
Moog
Modcan
Synthesizers.com
Buchla (waiting for the 275e) 8_)
ach_gott
I love the Tellun Neural Agonizer!

But I will look into some of these recommendations...
Peake
The Pioneer doesn't have the fat, hairy goodness of a huge transformer input circuit; it's fairly clean but is just that bit more pleasing than a vintage solid-state unit.

I've heard good things about the NA.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1