MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Flame Clockwork vs. Echometer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Flame Clockwork vs. Echometer
flextone
Following my previous post on ways to expand on my Futureretro XS through a small modular setup, I have become more and more interested in these Flame products. However, I'm having a hard time deciding on which one would fit the bill for me. I want to use these units with my FR XS(semi modular), FR Revolution (also analog sequencer), an MPC3000, Mac running various software, and in the future a modest 3u eurorack modular. The ultimate goal is rhythmical mayhem basically (not just distorted breaks if that's what you have in mind, I don't care much for those).

I would prefer to start with one of these and expand to a modular holding more "leftfield" modules, rather then dive straight in with sequencers and swithces, clock dividers, burst generators, more voices etc... just seems cheaper, and extremely good value for money.

So, what would you recommend? any Flame users out there?

Thanks

Flex
MrDys
I think a good starting question is: How heavily do you use MIDI in your current setup?
plord
Or, for that matter, how do you use analog clocks in your current setup?
flextone
Right now I don't have any analog clocks in the setup Plord, so none are used. Would like to introduce some to the XS and futue expantions as I metioned to make more interesting grooves which rely less on micro editing in the DAW.

and MrDys, as MIDI is all I have right now to send from the MPC or from the mac to the synths, I use it extensively. I do sequence the XS with the FR Revolution though.

Please take into consideration my expantion plans as I have mentioned them. My question is not not what will work right now, but more what will be a good investment for the future.

Thanks
wetterberg
fwiw, I think the echometer is a MUCH cooler device than the clockwork - way more live-looping-esque, yet can do sort of regular clocking tasks.
haricots
I'm currently contemplating the exact same thing. I wish I could demo each unit. Anyone out there selling either of these? hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1