MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Milkymist
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Milkymist
Nuuj
Milkymist

Saw this, and thought you folks may be interested....
lizlarsen
We've been looking at this for a while!

There's also a lot you can do with the BeagleBoard if you don't need video input, and the Parallax microcontroller has built in video generation capabilities as well.

We've been working on a series of digital modules for a while, for frame buffer effects, frame synchronization, MJPEG recording/playback, etc. Can't wait to really dig into those this upcoming year.
Veqtor
A milkdrop-ish video-generator that has cv inputs would be great, there are so many awesome things that can be made using milkdrop, just have a look at witchcraft or glowsticks.... Rasta-nana

A glitchable mjpeg buffer would be awesome, just have a look at these that I made using my iphone:

Glitches could be controlled by bitwise xor, shift or other general fuckery from a separate video input!

lizlarsen
We have a series of digital/buffer-based modules that do what you're suggesting in the works, I can't wait to release details. Most of these can function as standalone generators/processors or sync'ed to a master sync gen module for integration with a full system.

Dave's MVIP module can probably do some pretty awesome stuff under CV control (where's that demo Dave?? smile)

I agree, it'd definitely be awesome to have the MJPEG glitch controls you suggest, and the ability to have all of that logic patched out and integrated with an audio sequencing patch. A bunch of versatile clock dividers would be useful in this case, because you'd want the glitch control signals running at high speeds. I've begun sequencing all songs at divisions of video frame rate. smile Wish I had access to a Z8000 or Rene for a video patch!

Those stills look great!
daverj
creatorlars wrote:
Dave's MVIP module can probably do some pretty awesome stuff under CV control (where's that demo Dave?? smile)

Sorry, I've been way too busy. I just got back from a visit to the SMT assembly house who say that they're shutting down early for the holidays to rearrange their production floor. They might not get to the MVIPs until the 2nd week of January now. Bah Humbug!!

I still have a couple of the pre-production prototypes here so I'll slap together a CV demo in the next couple of days.

The MilkyMist has a MIDI port, so it should be possible to feed some CV into it through that with a CV to MIDI adapter. It also has an audio input, so you should be able to feed some attenuated oscillators into that. You could also feed in a microphone or music to it and write some code to act as an envelope follower.
revmutt
Which iphone apps did you use?

I looked up "witchcraft" and "glowsticks" and the stuff that came up didn't look interesting.

Veqtor wrote:
A milkdrop-ish video-generator that has cv inputs would be great, there are so many awesome things that can be made using milkdrop, just have a look at witchcraft or glowsticks.... Rasta-nana

A glitchable mjpeg buffer would be awesome, just have a look at these that I made using my iphone:

Glitches could be controlled by bitwise xor, shift or other general fuckery from a separate video input!

Veqtor
I used satromizer (awesome), Decim8 (a bit buggy), PS Express (great and free), Photo fx (quite versatile) and Chromacam (quite limited for its price).

Everything you see was achieved on just an iphone 4...

I have nothing to do for 2 hours a day travling too and from uni. hihi
Babaluma
revmutt wrote:
Which iphone apps did you use?

I looked up "witchcraft" and "glowsticks" and the stuff that came up didn't look interesting.

Just reviving this thread. I've been an avid MilkDrop user since it was first released (2001), I've never found another piece of music visualisation software that works as well or looks as good.

I'm currently running Milkdrop 2.24 via the Shpeck Winamp to Foobar2K wrapper on a new PC, and it runs beautifully at 1920/1080 60fps with most of the presets.

I've often dreamed of having it voltage controllable, or at least being able to use the line input to affect it. On Winamp you can use the LineIn plugin, but as far as I know, there isn't one for F2K. :(

Anyway, just wanted to say that I love MilkDrop and am considering upgrading my video card just so that I can have all the presents running in HD at 60fps with the highest quality settings! And if any of you crazy video synth people can work out a way to make it work with your modulars, then my hats off to you!

In answer to the question above, "Witchcraft" and "Glowsticks" are some of the presets that come with the current Milkdrop 2 download (I think), and are both well worth seeing. I'd be happy to upload some cool screenshots if anyone is interested. Over the last couple of years, a preset writer named "Martin" has consistently been writing the most astounding new presets. They really are in another league! I've never got into writing my own presets, as programming isn't really my forte, but I'm sure there are loads of crazy things which could be done.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1