MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Question about the PB jacks?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Question about the PB jacks?
bryantcheramie
The four jacks to the right allow for two independent audio sources to be plugged in and two independent outputs?
CursedFrogurt
bryantcheramie wrote:
The four jacks to the right allow for two independent audio sources to be plugged in and two independent outputs?

Not sure what you mean by the "jacks to the right," (I have the standalone device) but FOH jacks are usually wired as multiples. If you plug something into the input, the second input jack carries your input signal somewhere else to be fucked up in a second way. You *can* run two different audio sources into it, BUT you would be shorting the two sources together, which can be bad for certain modules if their outputs are not protected. Same goes for the rest of the jacks. This is convenient if you want to process audio in parallel (send your audio to four PB's, then mix the results together), or if you want a single CV affecting multiple parameters on the PB.
flight
I agree!
TWINSTATES
Ahh that's interesting,

I would have thought that the 2 x input would be so you could put 2 input sources into the module...
flight
TWINSTATES wrote:
Ahh that's interesting,

I would have thought that the 2 x input would be so you could put 2 input sources into the module...

No, it's really there as an alternative to stackable plugs (like bananas), but they can be used that way if the different signals come from sources with resistor-protected outputs, as mentioned in the Plague Bass thread:
Quote:
As long as the two input signals come from resistor-protected outputs with equal-value resistors, then the two signals are averaged together: (s1+s2)/2. Changing the resistor ratio biases the ratio of the signal levels like a balance control.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1