MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

improbability drive.. low output level
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author improbability drive.. low output level
alex82
Do you also have a very low level from the noise outputs? Ore is just something wrong with mine.

It's so annoing.. i have always to amplify the outputs

Do you have the same problem with it?
Cat-A-Tonic
I do not have this problem with my Improbability Drive.
Did you build it or was it a factory unit?
Have you compared the output to other noise units?
How low are we talking about in comparison to a VCO or other audio generating module?
Do all the other functions work correctly despite the 'volume drop?'
Look at the circuit to see if there are any loose wires or cold solder joints.
You should probably ask John Blacet to point you in the right direction in your troubleshooot.
parasitk
I don't have this problem. Just to be sure, are you sure the filter is open? Which outputs? All of them?
Kent
Knowing what 'low level' was being compared to would be helpful. Lower than what?
haricots
I had this issue as well. I ditched my ID for a Yusynth Noise/S&H kit which I still have to build.
alex82
Ok, i think the modul is, exept of the low level, working well. The behavior of the "WIDTH" and "LEVEL" controller is a little strange, but i think it's normal.

Compared to a normal oscillator level, the noise outputs are about 11db more quiet. And yes, all the outputs are around this level.

Sure the filter is bypassed.

Something else what i noticed is that the white noise has a coloration... It's not realy white noise
Cat-A-Tonic
Quote:
The behavior of the "WIDTH" and "LEVEL" controller is a little strange, but i think it's normal.

This is the internal window comparator which shapes the digital noise.
Watching the video demo that Blacet does of his stand alone Window Comparator may help you understand how it works.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1