MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Delay pedal tap jack...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Delay pedal tap jack...
Popski
I've got a spare boss dd-7 Digital Delay stomp box that I want to run some stuff through.. the dd-7 has a 1/4" tap input and I was thinking I might be able to clock it from my eurorack..

anybody know what kind of a signal a pedal like this responds to?

thanks
MrDys
Since those are usually connected to momentary foot switches, 5V DC.

I've clocked other things with my modular using the expression pedal input and it's usually 5V or less to trigger it. To be safe I usually run it through an attenuator.
Kent
Seconded. Simply use an attenuator and then, once you've found what the appropriate level is, measure that with a Voltmeter. Done.

Some inputs also respond to 'shorts' goatse.cx . These can be normally open or normally closed. Try sticking the appropriate cable into the jack (TS or TRS 1/4") and then shorting the contacts with a paper clip.

Usually, this kind of information is available in the Owner's Pamphlet.
BugBrand
Hmm - I'd presume to be a short-to-ground setup.

Simple method (sure there's details somewhere) uses a clock signal from your modular to close an electronic switch such as the CD4016 or CD4066
Popski
thanks guys.. I'll be trying this out on the weekend
wetterberg
fwiw, using a switch such as the Doepfer Dual VCS should work, if you short the input to the output, right? So it's just an insert cable into the pedal, split into the input/output of the a150?
http://www.doepfer.de/a150.htm
Popski
wetterberg wrote:
fwiw, using a switch such as the Doepfer Dual VCS should work, if you short the input to the output, right? So it's just an insert cable into the pedal, split into the input/output of the a150?
http://www.doepfer.de/a150.htm

I have an a150.. I'm trying this first..
thanks Wetterberg and Bug
haiku-ish
Quote:
Simple method (sure there's details somewhere) uses a clock signal from your modular to close an electronic switch such as the CD4016 or CD4066

do you know where i can find such a schematic ?

thanks !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1