MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

RackPlanner 1.3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author RackPlanner 1.3

dougcl

Hi folks, I have just released a new version of Rack Planner (version 1.0.8).

Features:
1) Rack filename now appears on the title bar.
2) Module delete added to the menu and Ctrl+D. I found out that the DEL key was not working on Macs.
3) You can now edit the Rack Properties (scale, rows, cols, etc.) from within the program.

The last one is a huge improvement (and a lot of work), so don't hesitate to upgrade. I know some of you are on old versions, and there have been a lot of changes since the beginning (we're on the eighth release). See the first post of this thread for the upgrade link.

Doug

dude

yay for doug!!! nanners thank you sir!!! It's peanut butter jelly time!

dougcl

Ha ha, thanks. w00t

KNYST

In queue:

# Flight Of Harmony_F_Plague Bearer.zip
# BugBrand_F_PRC3A.zip
# BugBrand_F_DD3.zip
# BugBrand_F_CTL2.zip
# BugBrand_F_CTL1 v2.zip (the July version of this module)
# Livewire_E_Dual Cyclotron.zip

Mistakes d'oh!
# BugBrand_F_DD3.zip (wrong image)
# BugBrand_F_PRC1.zip (already up)
# BugBrand_F_ENV1.zip (already up)
# BugBrand_F_DD2.zip (already up)
# BugBrand_F_DD1.zip (already up)
# Livewure_E_Dual Cyclotron.zip (typo)

Sorry - I need to sleep...!

authorless

such a great utility for not only planing a rack but also rearranging a rack.

dougcl

Hi folks, I discovered that module zip files created on a Mac using the COMPRESS option would not load into Rack Planner properly. The modules would come up blank.

This problem has now been fixed and available for download.

Go here as usual, http://www.hevanet.com/dougcl/rp

Please note we are now on revision 1.0.9. There are a lot of great improvements, so if you aren't on the latest version, please give it a try.

A Dingleberry Monstrosity

can someone help me out with sorting the modules?

Ive downloaded all the euro modules into the euro_modules folder and everything was fine but since there was like 4023948 modules I went ahead and sorted each .zip file into respected folders INSIDE the euro_modules folder. For example all doepfer modules are in ./euro_modules/doepfer, harvestman modules are in ./euro_modules/harvestman etc etc...

but the folders dont show up when I go to add a modules. I imagine I have to edit one or more .xml file, but I have no idea what im doing.

any ideas?

thanks!

dougcl

Hi the program doesn't currently support module subfolders. All modules need to be in the directory specified by modulesPath in the rack file.

I suppose I could change this.

dude

i just wanted to stress how entirely wonderful and helpful this program has and continues to be for me. i would be lost in the modular maze without it and would gladly buy it if it weren't free. no person trying to compile their dream frankensynth should ever be caught planning without this program.

ok now, it would be nice to be able to have different formats in one rack. jus-sayin'

:dougcl:

essex sound lab

As someone who started using Rack Planner in the middle of the night last night: between the app itself and the support from Squiggletronics...wow! VERY nice.

Now one little feature request: maybe a warning when you quit without saving? very frustrating

BananaPlug

Quote:
the app itself and the support from Squiggletronics...wow! VERY nice.

The Squiggletronics part is my doing. A whole slew of mostly Dotcom format stuff was contributed today and I just added it to the library. If that was from you, thanks.

qu.one

just want to say thx for this - i have only been using the online one but i cant do anything on my laptop when my train goes underground!!!!

now I can!

essex sound lab

BananaPlug wrote:
Quote:
the app itself and the support from Squiggletronics...wow! VERY nice.

The Squiggletronics part is my doing. A whole slew of mostly Dotcom format stuff was contributed today and I just added it to the library. If that was from you, thanks.

Ah, you know I should have put 2+2 together from reading the posts to know who was behind it...but I was busy trying to grok how to use it all! Excellent job you've done to make it easy for people to contribute to the library while helping themselves. Very cool.

Yes, I added a bunch of MU stuff this morning. Sorry the images aren't better but I did the best I could with manufacturers' sites and PDFs.

Gordon

BananaPlug

Later this year, don't know when I'll get it setup, I'll be looking for people to be "moderators" for the different parts of the library. The moderators would review and accept/reject contributions left by the users of ModuleMaker, and could clean up and make more uniform the names of the modules already in the library. Nominations?

I have some other plans too and I think getting a few people on board to brainstorm with would be a good thing.

qu.one

after using this and love it - the only thing i could ask for (if even possible in this format) is a floating window to select modules from instead of constantly having an 'open' dialog box.

sorry if this has been requested already - i didnt read through the whole thread. lazy today.

dougcl

qu.one wrote:
after using this and love it - the only thing i could ask for (if even possible in this format) is a floating window to select modules from instead of constantly having an 'open' dialog box.

sorry if this has been requested already - i didnt read through the whole thread. lazy today.

Good idea. Not mentioned already. Thanks.
Doug

qu.one

dougcl wrote:
Doug

nice...

also, I noticed that when I save as JPG to a different directory, it still winds up saving into the RP directory. im currently on os x.5.8

dougcl

qu.one wrote:
dougcl wrote:
Doug

nice...

also, I noticed that when I save as JPG to a different directory, it still winds up saving into the RP directory. im currently on os x.5.8

Ah, not surprised. I'm probably completely ignoring the path returned by the dialog. That's fixable. Thanks.

Braindrop

Excuse the newb question, I'm just dipping my toe into modulars -- is there a 5U/MOTM rack image somewhere? 10U for a 19" standard rack, isn't it?

seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks, the program looks great!

B

essex sound lab

Braindrop wrote:
Excuse the newb question, I'm just dipping my toe into modulars -- is there a 5U/MOTM rack image somewhere? 10U for a 19" standard rack, isn't it?

Good question. 8 spaces per 19" for an MU rack would be nice too.

I just use the Euro rack and ignore the holes.

dougcl

Hi guys, the rack images and xml files are linked from this page:

http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/index.php

We have more formats supported in the library than there are rack xml files and rack images.

When I want a rack image, I just take a the smallest module in the format, and get a jpg of it. Edit the jpg so that it is all black or gray, and has the original holes only. Now use MS Paint or similar to copy and paste the module out as many times as needed to create the rack width you want. I usually put a light vertical line at the rightmost edge as an indicator of the rack width. Save that, and that's your rack image smile

BananaPlug

I could have the site generate the rack images and xml files in software so that you could pick a format and pick how many rows and columns you want. I think they should be proportional to actual sizes of the different formats. Any suggestions for default scale or anything?

dougcl

Probably best to use whatever scale is most likely to be submitted as modules. If the rack is too small, the module images will always be scaled down to fit, and the results so far have not been great on image reduction.

Kent

Hey, Doug. I'm wondering how a fellow could lay out a Euro Planner and also a Frac Planner. I'm an XML Knucklehead. How does this work? Can you walk me through it? Holding my hand and all?

qu.one

i think there already is a Frac option… and modules.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 5 of 9