MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Final questions before ordering...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Final questions before ordering...
mosaiclive
Thanks again to all who have helped me with advice as I plan my first modular. Right now I have planned for Mixers, the Model 14 and an A138c. Since I need to mix CV AND audio of course, would I be better off replacing the A138c with a 138b? Also, I have two filters in my setup(Polivoks and Model 12 + Moog LP) and was planning for my third 'filter' the A101-2 LPG. Again, am I better off getting another dedicated filter or would the LPG work well as an extra Low Pass when needed? Looking forward to my new modular!
flts
Quote:
Again, am I better off getting another dedicated filter or would the LPG work well as an extra Low Pass when needed? Looking forward to my new modular!

The Doepfer LPG is awesome as a low pass filter IMO, I think I actually use it more as a LPF than as a LPG VCA. It has a very cool character to my taste.
felix
mosaiclive wrote:
Since I need to mix CV AND audio of course, would I be better off replacing the A138c with a 138b?

I find the polarity inversion on the 138c to be invaluable and it of course works the same for audio as it does for CV. However, since you'll have the same functionality (bipolar inversion) on the M14, you might consider a more "audio specific" mixer, but that's up to you. I routinely use both the M14 and 138c for mixing CV and Audio (sometimes both at the same time for FM stuff) and have never had any problems with either.

You can get some interesting sounds by mixing in various phase inversions of waveforms from a single OSC too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1