MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post pics of your DIY setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Author Post pics of your DIY setup!

photon

Awesome thread.
I love looking at other peoples workspaces and studios. I'll post some pictures of my shop as soon as I shovel it out. I'm in the middle of building a new workbench and things are a bit upside down.

mome rath

eeeesh oops

russma

You should get some parts.

eek!

mome rath

russma wrote:
You should get some parts.

eek!

I should get something done waah

skweeegor

I like the buns towel.

edit: and the lava lamp lamp

negativspace

skweeegor wrote:
edit: and the lava lamp lamp

+1

Low-Gain

The modules aren't DIY, but the cases are wink

terrafractyl

heres my 60% DIY setup at the moment.

and the associated mess that comes and goes... a thoroughly unprofessional looking workbench haha

zthee

I need a wider lens. w00t

magman

Time to Join the fray, with yet another untidy workbench:

Which is helping to build this synth, amongst others:

This is less than half of the MOTM style modular I'm building, which currently runs to over 5 of these cabinets.

Last but no means least, the reason for my username:

You are looking at complete or virtually complete collections of Elektor, ETI, Practical Electronics, Maplin Electronics, E&MM, Sound on Sound, Future Music, The Mix, Computer Music, 45 years worth of Wireless World and a large collection of Everyday Electronics, amongst others. By the way, this is less than half of my collection, which currently stands at over 9000 magazines and counting.

Regards

Magman

fonik

magman wrote:
You are looking at complete or virtually complete collections of Elektor, ETI, Practical Electronics, Maplin Electronics, E&MM, Sound on Sound, Future Music, The Mix, Computer Music, 45 years worth of Wireless World and a large collection of Everyday Electronics, amongst others. By the way, this is less than half of my collection, which currently stands at over 9000 magazines and counting.

eek!

Low-Gain

fonik wrote:
magman wrote:

eek!

+1

valis

Yeah, wow

mome rath

daaaaayum Gina

Adam-V

Magman or madman???

Nice collection. There's some great synth circuits in amongst that lot if my memory serves me correctly.

Cheers,
Adam-V

magman

Adam-V wrote:
Nice collection. There's some great synth circuits in amongst that lot if my memory serves me correctly.

I've catalogued a lot of the Synth circuits in a spreadsheet for a few of these magazines.

In the long run, I plan to set up a Web site with lots of information for these magazines, front covers, contents pages and a searchable database of articles being part of this plan. If I can sort out some copyright issues, scans of the electro music articles is on my wishlist, but copyright is a thorny issue though. I've scanned 3500 front covers so far though, only another 5-6000 to go MY ASS IS BLEEDING

My other hobby is building synthesisers, not the other way round. Mr. Green

Regards

Magman

Adam-V

I'm sue I'm not the only one who will look forward to seeing that website!

we're not worthy

Cheers,
Adam-V

nuckabean

whoa the idea of scanning 9000 magazines makes me shiver

Dego

nuckabean wrote:
whoa the idea of scanning 9000 magazines makes me shiver

MY ASS IS BLEEDING eek!

kindredlost

I see some use the blown plastic white tables used for workstations. I've found them to add a source of static charge. I've moved to a wooden top bench desk. Do you see this? A good static mat and wooden chair like you have is a good idea.

I like to use the mini drawer boxes too. Sometimes they can be a pain to find things in without labels though.

mome rath wrote:

eeeesh oops

Luka

my diy synth setup in situ doing it's thing smile

i was lucky enough to have my first ever live performance & vj set in the alex grey cosm tent @ rainbow serpent festival last weekend. it was very exciting to be surrounded by such amazing art while presenting my own. a great environment for drone and visuals

dude

this thread has the best contents of muff i have ever seen. i feel ashamed to have not noticed it earlier. gems. here's my wiener of a log cabin:

the last one is the lady's space but i like the pic and we sometimes use it for photos so i thought i'd share.

andrewF

re:Luka
nice one
wish i could have been there
w00t

here's a pic of my stuff at DREAM-ING 3.

andrewF

dude wrote:

are those pads touch controllers??
I have one pulled from some lab gear, can you introduce me to a schematic? Or just a simple voltage divider arrangement is good enough?

dude

they are force sensing resistors. i make em in little boxes as you see. they are passive and so much fun with the modular or pedals. pass audio or cv or whatever. i usually put a fixed voltage through to accomplish x task.
FSR

i have the boxes for sale in my sig and can do a little custom stuff with them, of course diy people don't need my sales spam, sorry.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Page 2 of 25