MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jürgen Haible (Krautrock IN STOCK!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Jürgen Haible (Krautrock IN STOCK!)

nordlead

UPDATE 25 May 2015: Krautrock 2015 pcbs are now in stock: http://randomsource.net/haible/krautrock
=========

I’d like to inform you that I’ve managed to acquire the electronic heritage of Jürgen Haible - designs, IP etc. - and plan to make his incredible designs available again.

Jürgen Haible's tragic death in 2011 led to a complicated legal situation in which his amazing designs fell into a kind of abeyance. I have spent months negotiating with the lawyers appointed by the German authorities as legal guardians to handle the estate, trying to find a way out of this limbo, and finally managed to conclude an agreement (the proceeds of which go entirely to the estate, i.e. to his children).

So the period of uncertainty is over and work begins - the plan is to make the designs available again step by step. Unfortunately, the actual Eagle files seem to be lost and have to be recaptured / redrawn, so this will take time. This is quite a lot of work (any volunteers are highly welcome!), so at this point, I can’t say what design will be available when or in what format. Yet, the first step - ending that unsatisfactory situation - is done.

Ralf

e-grad

That's good news! Thanks for your efforts!

Barcode

Cool! I would love to help.

jarvis

Thank you for your undertaking! It's a huge asset to the DIY community, for sure.

Reality Checkpoint

Thank you so much for your perseverance with this Ralf, and I am happy that agreement has finally been reached, and that his children will benefit.

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

whoop_john

Well done Sir

ChrisR

Most excellent news! applause

Did you also acquire his remaining PCB stock?

LED-man

very good news wink

a100user

Wonderful news Ralf. I thank you for your efforts and perseverance.

Keep us posted.

elmegil

ChrisR wrote:
Most excellent news! applause

Did you also acquire his remaining PCB stock?

That was my first question when I saw this come up on facebook, and the reply was that unfortunately it seems that stock has disappeared. My personal speculation is that someone said "we have to clear this space, we have no where to store...." and away they went.

logicgate

So Awesome.

I would be glad to help too, inside my limitations of course.

I would love to see the rest of the designs available here.

Rigo

we're not worthy

tobb

nordlead wrote:
Unfortunately, the actual Eagle files seem to be lost and have to be recaptured / redrawn

Ralf

If you have a real agreement,with Official papers,its as simple as contacting Olimex ,they will release all the pcb files for you.

(and then only you will have acquired the electronic heritage)

Jack Gull

Well, that's great! i suppose

seanpark

Wow thanks for doing this!

If Eagle files for the LVCO cannot be found I may have time to clone the PCB (which I bought from a wiggler last year). I'm familiar with the design as I did a singlesided press and peel layout a while back for the LVCO.

Hopefully Olimex will be able to help.

nordlead

Thanks for your feedback!! Guinness ftw!

tobb wrote:

If you have a real agreement,with Official papers,its as simple as contacting Olimex, they will release all the pcb files for you.

tobb, thanks thumbs up , this is exciting information - I was thinking in that direction but had no knowledge (so far) of where he had the pcbs made. Of course I have a written contract signed by the attorneys appointed in this matter (in German, though, not Bulgarian ;-), will contact Olimex to see what can be done on that end ...

sduck

This news completely makes my day. Fantastic!

tobb

nordlead wrote:
Thanks for your feedback!! Guinness ftw!

tobb wrote:

If you have a real agreement,with Official papers,its as simple as contacting Olimex, they will release all the pcb files for you.

tobb, thanks thumbs up , this is exciting information - I was thinking in that direction but had no knowledge (so far) of where he had the pcbs made. Of course I have a written contract signed by the attorneys appointed in this matter (in German, though, not Bulgarian ;-), will contact Olimex to see what can be done on that end ...

well,if you have the papers,there should be no problem,pretty sure Olimex still have everything in backup,and its the production gerbers so ready for production.

As far as i recall JH used Olimex for all his pcb's

If you can't get hold of the gerbers from Olimex contact me..

Peake

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

mothertongue

Looking forward to see how this develops!

Jerem

I built the tau pipe phaser, this module is incredible! I can take some pics

Lutin

Great news! I've been intrigued by his work since I first saw it, and it's good to know I don't have to make strip board layouts of them or anything smile

LektroiD

Thank you Ralf for all your hard work and persistence on this, it is very much appreciated all round.

Jerem wrote:
I built the tau pipe phaser, this module is incredible! I can take some pics

This, and the frequency shifter are the two projects I'm most interested in. I hope these can be implemented into Eurorack formats, like the LVCO was.

designator

Regarding the PCBs maybe Harry_W can help.
A time ago he wrote on electro-music.com:
Quote:
We agreed that one part of the legacy, mainly the PCBs and some smaller gadgets, stayed with me; another part, for example electronic components and bigger devices (e.g. the PolyKORG Clone) stayed with Stefan Schmidt (maybe you know him as the creator of the "Eightvoice" analog synth). Stefan was a closer friend of Juergen and knows much more about his business than I do. But he has no intentions either to continue Juergen's business. I got acquainted with Stefan only after the funeral.

delayed

Neat stuff. Hopefully you will get some funds out of this deal. 100% to his kids and nothing for your troubles sounds rough.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7