MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Papernoise panels for the Neuron / Diff Rect
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Papernoise panels for the Neuron / Diff Rect
kurodama
This is a continuation thread of what has been previously discussed here

Update: added more info, for those who have not followed the discussion since the beginning.
Update 2: panels have been produced and are going to be shipped soon. If you have expressed interest in this thread check your PMs. There's some left for last-minute impulse buys too! smile
Update 3: panels are now all SOLD OUT! Thanks everybody for supporting this little experiment of mine. More panels might be coming from me in the future.
Update 4: I've made some new panels with Magpie Modular, for the Neuron/Diff Rect, based on the latest PCB revision, you can find them here: http://store.magpiemodular.com/collections/all-panels/nonLinear-Circui ts?sort_by=best-selling

• I'm working on an eurorack panel for a dual Neuron/Diff rect, meaning that you'll need to two PCBs from AndrewF to build one of those
• This is going to be a 12HP eurorack panel
• To make the panel more compact a tredoff has been made: you will not be able to solder the pots straight onto the PCB, but will have wire the pots to the PCB and will have to fix the pcbs to the panel with something.

---

So to sum up the current state:
1) the Neuron / Diff rect module is a really cool project and it's a pity it does not have a panel yet

2) If you don't know it yet, here's a link to AndrewF's page
Or even better a video:

3) Clarke68 is also offering panels for it. The difference is mainly: different design, mine is a bit slimmer and made to accomodate 2 PCBs (it's a dual Neuron / Diff rect), Clarke68 will apparently be offering also full kits. Check his thread here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1239253

4) the price for a single dual panel currently is 17 EURO. Production will start when I have interest for about 40 panels.

Here's the lastest version of the panel

and this is my first proto build

and here's the panels:
demian
Nice design, i am interested.
regenbot
really nice thumbs up
Could you make the drillholes for the pots 8mm? I have loads 100k pots that need a 8mm hole.
kurodama
Sure, I usually make the holes 8mm, just to be sure smile

I'm currently having a first prototype panel made.
logicgate
Im in for 1 panel
sammy123
I am interested in a panel.
spotta
Really lovely panel, interested in two. thumbs up
mush
Interested in 1 panel.
spotta
I also actually prefer the old Blue/Pink colours to the new Green/Orange (hides)
logicgate
This is the pinnacle of OCD, but my suggestion would be:

ThecureForSin
spotta wrote:
I also actually prefer the old Blue/Pink colours to the new Green/Orange (hides)

I have to agree!
kurodama
I should note that what I'm posting here is a work in progress to see how people react to it, lot's of things are going to change, I'm right in the middle of the process. So to answer some questions, the Rect graphics be mirrored and the colour scheme has yet to be decided on. I must admit that I tend to crazy bright colour for this one, I did try to make them more soft, but I'm not happy with it so I'll get back and tweak the pink/blue one a bit more I guess!
ThecureForSin
I think someone said they didn't like the pink, so even a bright red would be cool, but I like the pink hihi
paulstone
one panel for me thx !
thumbs up
joshuagoran
Really vibrant pinks or oranges and bright blue are what I think of when I think of the nervous system.

Maybe because of pictures like this:
ThecureForSin
joshuagoran wrote:
Really vibrant pinks or oranges and bright blue are what I think of when I think of the nervous system.

Maybe because of pictures like this:

I like that. Pretty friggin awesome looking.
wavehead
definitely down for one of these, but i hope they will be available sooner than later as i need a dual-panel (and would rather use this panel for the neuron).
grilojoe
I thought the pink looked good because there was good contrast with the blue you used. I think preserving the strong contrast between the two colors would be a good idea. Just my .02 Mr. Green
Dude163
I liked the pink also

ill take 2 panels
CJ Miller
Swanky! Are these in 4U? What are the dimensions?
Dude163
I think this is a eurorack panel
Dude163
Ok Im interested , but looking at the build doc , it may be above my skillz, does anyone have a photo of a built Neuron/diff so I can see how the jacks/pots are hooked up?
spotta

Happened to have pots and boards handy thumbs up
logicgate
Dude163 wrote:
Ok Im interested , but looking at the build doc , it may be above my skillz, does anyone have a photo of a built Neuron/diff so I can see how the jacks/pots are hooked up?

This is a very easy beginners project, actually...

The pots are pcb mount, no wiring needed.

you can see in the building doc that the board has headers for each input/output, you just need to run a wire from them to the respective jack (you need to solder the wire into the signal lug of the jack). The ground wire can be shared between all jacks.
mOBiTh
I'm in for two panels!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8