MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euro Bus Board Gerbers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Euro Bus Board Gerbers

Bamboombaps

hi all, im building a new case and ill need some busboards- i reckon it would make more economic sense to get a bunch fabbed- does anyone have open source busboard files they are willing to share?

flab

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149598

hey man , if you order some - i ll need some as well !

Bamboombaps

No bother mate ill prob get a run

flab

http://www.befaco.org/en/fuente-alimentacion/

Bamboombaps

I like the Befaco stuff but this is confusing with the 15v regulated to 12v then again to 5v? hmmm.....

I feel like I might learn a harsh lesson with that one ! FUUUCCKKKK!!!

flab

yes switching power supply at 15 +/- and regulates to 12, 5v is for independent for your 5v rail , but i am sure will work with your 12+/- linear power supply

Bamboombaps

Fair enough l will accept your advice. This is fun!

like most of my synth education, lack of funds steer me down the route of learning by doing MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Thanks man

flab

yeah man , i am going to gmsn in a bit ,you coming ?

sth else , see the befaco board will have a big difference in price because is a really long pcb, have a look, maybe you will go for the first that is smaller?

but in any case , let me know .because i ll like to fab some for a new case

Bamboombaps

I'm on my way now , you can teach me more there SlayerBadger!

yan6

I could use a few of those too if you have some spares left from your run

flts

I have something like 15x spares of the Moraydular boards I designed (link in the second post) up for grabs. Bare PCBs are 10 euros a piece (plus letter shipping from Finland to wherever you are)... 2oz copper, ENIG plating, blue solder mask. If you need a bigger amount you can get them cheaper by ordering directly from China of course. I'd recommend selecting at least 2oz copper plane though.

Only problem being, my PCB stash box is still somewhere in storage after my move to another apartment so I can't sell and ship them before I find them. very frustrating I've promised a couple of people some boards already though, so I'll see if I can uncover them during the weekend.

FWIW I'm also trying to find some time to edit a bigger basic "full width" bus board as well, as some people were interested in group ordering something like that. The reasons the original is 20cm wide are 1) cheap fab houses don't do wider boards than that, either at all or for reasonable prices 2) I kind of like the smaller footprint myself and never run more than 12 modules per row anyway. In any case, as a lot of people seem to be interested in a wider one with 14 connectors or so, I'll just edit one eventually and let someone else order a batch if enough people want it. If someone can do Diptrace and wants to make a version him-/herself, the design files are up at github in any ase.

Bamboombaps

Cool mate I've just ordered 10 using your files. Thanks alot!

Trying elecrow this time

Oh btw can you just chain them together?

flts

Yeah, it's easy to chain the power from the middle of the one board to another. That's one reason why there's two pairs of connector pads - one for input, one for output. It's not an electronically ideal solution (vs. running pretty close to equal length wires from PSU to each board separately) but in practise should be no problem whatsoever.

Just remember that if you add the onboard +5V regulation circuit (instructions / parts in github page) then either build it to only one of the boards OR don't chain the +5V between boards.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1