MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Older Mutable Schematics- specifically Tides V3?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Older Mutable Schematics- specifically Tides V3?

atari5200

Thinking about building a Tides but the PCB I have available is V3 which has been since replaced by V4, meaning all the technical info on GitHub is no longer relevant to this PCB...
I am in no way an expert Github navigator but I cannot seem to figure out if there's a repository for the older schematics so I can export the proper BOM for V3 (or at the very least, see what has changed in the new version)

Does anyone know if the older files are indeed available somewhere? If not any advice about how I could figure out the differences between this and the newer version that has schematics available?

mskala

Git maintains the history of everything checked into it, so if the older versions were once in the repository, you dig through parent "commits" to find them. You may need to spend some time playing with the interface, though.

atari5200

mskala wrote:
Git maintains the history of everything checked into it, so if the older versions were once in the repository, you dig through parent "commits" to find them. You may need to spend some time playing with the interface, though.

I figured it was in there somewhere as keeping older versions of things seems to be part of the whole point of using it! But I'm not very familiar with the interface, I'm going to keep at it tho- thanks for the help

EDIT- found it- thanks so much for the tip about "Commits" I think I'm starting to understand how the interface works now... I spent quite a bit of time looking through the "Branches" section but that, uh, didn't bear any fruit... hihi

adam

for the less technically minded, older versions are also mirrored here:

https://github.com/hadesbox/eurorack-with-binaries

mskala

atari5200 wrote:
EDIT- found it- thanks so much for the tip about "Commits" I think I'm starting to understand how the interface works now... I spent quite a bit of time looking through the "Branches" section but that, uh, didn't bear any fruit... hihi

Good you found it. I took a look after posting that and realized that the easiest way to find the history may actually be the button labelled, surprise surprise, "History." d'oh!

Git is not my favourite version control software, nor Github my favourite way to use Git, but it's what most of the cool kids are using these days.

lasesentaysiete

atari5200 wrote:
Thinking about building a Tides but the PCB I have available is V3 which has been since replaced by V4, meaning all the technical info on GitHub is no longer relevant to this PCB...
I am in no way an expert Github navigator but I cannot seem to figure out if there's a repository for the older schematics so I can export the proper BOM for V3 (or at the very least, see what has changed in the new version)

Does anyone know if the older files are indeed available somewhere? If not any advice about how I could figure out the differences between this and the newer version that has schematics available?

So whatever happened? Is the BOM different? Because the boards look to be the same except for the jacks. Asking because I, too, have a v3 board.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1