MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCS = BEST FUZZ EVER! Now with 1000% more VIDEO!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author VCS = BEST FUZZ EVER! Now with 1000% more VIDEO!
D/A A/D
Straight up, screw your fuzz factories... This things is a self oscillation fuzz monster...

Clips to come.
D/A A/D
2 triangle waves ring modulated against one another then "fuzzed" by the VCS:
zerosum
Dude love eyes...

Add that to the 12 other reasons I have wanted a couple of these modules.
You can never have too much fucker upper/fuzzer thingies hihi

Thanks for making the demo w00t
D/A A/D
zerosum wrote:
Dude love eyes...

Add that to the 12 other reasons I have wanted a couple of these modules.
You can never have too much fucker upper/fuzzer thingies hihi

Thanks for making the demo w00t

No problem, I guess I should say how.

We all know that the VCS acts as a LPG when you slew a audio rate signal. When you do that in cycle mode, this happens...
GCF
Sounds great. Oddly enough, I patched something similar this morning. It was my first VCS patch. Definitely looking forward to more possibilities.
parasitk
Sweet ass clip!
REwire
Dammit! I hope Seth Nemec of Banalogue knows how much money he's missing out on not making VCS's available anymore.

To make a similar patch without a VCS you'd have to use an OSC or Model 10 to FM at audio rate a lowpass filter with the two triangle waves running through it.
Babaluma
this sounds great, gonna give it a go on my vcs today.

so you just patch for lpf and flip the cycle switch?

sounds similar to when you use the miniwave as a distortion device, but warmer!
D/A A/D
Babaluma wrote:
this sounds great, gonna give it a go on my vcs today.

so you just patch for lpf and flip the cycle switch?

sounds similar to when you use the miniwave as a distortion device, but warmer!

Yup, on both counts. It sounds the same, because it kinda works the same.
D/A A/D
One more for the road:

Sample and Hold into sine osc, then into VCS fuzz master machine. Only tweaking is the vcs controls.
gde
awesome. i like the parts on the second where the amplitude gets all choppy for a moment

are you doing any cv control of the rise and/or fall times?

i imagine modulating those in audio rates could hurt somebody
DGTom
D/A A/D wrote:
One more for the road:

Sample and Hold into sine osc, then into VCS fuzz master machine. Only tweaking is the vcs controls.

So much better than sweeping a filter!

Awesome demos, thanks SlayerBadger!
D/A A/D
gde wrote:
awesome. i like the parts on the second where the amplitude gets all choppy for a moment

are you doing any cv control of the rise and/or fall times?

i imagine modulating those in audio rates could hurt somebody

I have a static cv source plugged into the both jack, that is what is sweeping it. I also switch from linear to exponential throughout.

Alex
D/A A/D
VIDEO!

SlayerBadger!
felix
Awesome video! And also is a nice example of how the VCS can be VCA/LPG.

Very interesting seeing the waveforms too, very different than what I was expecting to see.

PS - thanks for turning me on to using triangle waves with a ring mod, I had hours of fun last night with that.
Kent
REwire wrote:
Dammit! I hope Seth Nemec of Banalogue knows how much money he's missing out on not making VCS's available anymore.

Yeah,... at least a few hundred a month... I'm of the impression that being a modular manufacturer is truly a labor of love. love
D/A A/D
felix wrote:
Awesome video! And also is a nice example of how the VCS can be VCA/LPG.

Very interesting seeing the waveforms too, very different than what I was expecting to see.

PS - thanks for turning me on to using triangle waves with a ring mod, I had hours of fun last night with that.

Thanks James!

I <3 ring moded triangles! Everyone goes on about sines, which are nice - but too clean. You can get some MONSTER bass with 2 triangle waves and a ring mod!

I will hopefully be doing many more videos over the next while.

Alex
felix
D/A A/D wrote:
I <3 ring moded triangles! Everyone goes on about sines, which are nice - but too clean. You can get some MONSTER bass with 2 triangle waves and a ring mod!

I'm not sure why I overlooked them for so long, I can only assume it's because I've had the Dalek for ages and its built in VCOs are either sine or square.

Yeah, the sounds you get from it are incredibly intense and "doomy". And they don't have that "ooh that's a rind mod" sound to them, which is very nice too.
Gordon Cole
Ghost
D/A A/D
felix wrote:
D/A A/D wrote:

I'm not sure why I overlooked them for so long, I can only assume it's because I've had the Dalek for ages and its built in VCOs are either sine or square.

Yeah, the sounds you get from it are incredibly intense and "doomy". And they don't have that "ooh that's a rind mod" sound to them, which is very nice too.

I tell you a secret, 90% of D/A A/D drones are ring moded triangles. Mr. Green
parasitk
Yes sines are clean and kinda... well clean, but they are great fodder for wave manipulators. Send a sine info the STG Wave Folder and I'm a happy boy. I gotta give this triangle/ring mod thing a try though! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1