MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

AFG... am I doing it wrong?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author AFG... am I doing it wrong?
VanEck
Tweaking any of the knobs on the far right side of my AFG seem to do absolutely nothing. I plug an LFO into +PWM CV, -PWM CV, +PPM CV, or -PPM CV... and still nothing. The sound does not change in any way. Is there something wrong with my AFG, or am I just a newb? very frustrating
VanEck
Nevermind... I am jsut a newb. Figured out that I have to be outputting sound from the "Animated Pulses" for those functions to do anything d'oh!
felix
hehehe. I thought for sure maybe you had started with all the knobs fully CCW, but that should have still done something.

One thing that I found a little odd, but easily worked around, is that the dedicated SYNC OUT does not work very well as a sync source (at least for another AFG) when ANTI-MATTER mode is switched on.

In that case, you can just use the SQUARE output as the sync source and use the SYNC Out as your square wave source instead.

In fact, I highly suggest using the Sync out instead of the Square output sometimes. While they are both square waves, they sound a little different.

(Note that the Square out is a separate output from Pulse/PWM, so you don't loose PWM capabilities with the above workaround).
felix
PS - another neat bit of info is that the +/- inputs for PWM and PPM are normalled together.

So if you just plug an LFO into the + input, the same LFO is also applied to the - input. No need to mult beforehand. CV amounts are still independent though.

Very handy if you only have 2 spare modulation sources.
consumed
felix wrote:
PS - another neat bit of info is that the +/- inputs for PWM and PPM are normalled together.

So if you just plug an LFO into the + input, the same LFO is also applied to the - input. No need to mult beforehand. CV amounts are still independent though.

nice tip! i was wondering wtf was going on with that.
VanEck
felix wrote:

Very handy if you only have 2 spare modulation sources.

Yeah, definitely thanks for that tip 8)
flts
Last time I turned my rig on, the harmonic animation section on my AFG didn't do anything and the animated pulses + alien saws outputted a dull waveform. eek! I hope it's just something like one of the power cables not plugged in properly after I made some adjustments to the layout...
flts
Yeah, that was it d'oh! Well, now I at least know what happens when you leave the harmonic animation power cable unplugged...
felix
flts wrote:
Yeah, that was it d'oh! Well, now I at least know what happens when you leave the harmonic animation power cable unplugged...

Wow, I totally forgot that there was two power cables on the AFG.
flts
felix wrote:
Wow, I totally forgot that there was two power cables on the AFG.

Yeah, I seemed to have forgotten that too while moving modules around lol There it was, hanging unconnected. Everything worked just fine otherwise, but the two harmonic animation waveforms sounded quiet and dull, and obviously the animation section wasn't working at all.

To celebrate and rejoice, I patched weird things to all harm anim inputs and let the beast loose SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1