MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Swartamp -> DAW
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Swartamp -> DAW
brickman
Howdy ,

Im looking to get take the speaker output from the Swart 6v6se and put it straight into Logic via the Duet , since miking this puppy up at 8-10 volume is a no-go .
Has anyone tried it and are the results useable / fantastic and how are ye achieving it ?

Also has anyone given the Palmer PDI03 a go ?
Ranxerox
DON'T go plugging the speaker output into a line-level audio input - mega circuit-frying will ensue. This is designed to drive a passive speaker and will BLOW UP your expensive sound interface.

One option for using the speaker out to derive a line-level signal is to use a power attentuator such as one of these:

http://www.treblebooster.com/THD_Hot_Plate.pdf

Edit: The Palmer PDI you mention will also act as a power attenuator.
brickman
Ranxerox wrote:
DON'T go plugging the speaker output into a line-level audio input - mega circuit-frying will ensue. This is designed to drive a passive speaker and will BLOW UP your expensive sound interface.

One option for using the speaker out to derive a line-level signal is to use a power attentuator such as one of these:

http://www.treblebooster.com/THD_Hot_Plate.pdf

Edit: The Palmer PDI you mention will also act as a power attenuator.

No fear , I wasnt planning on pluggin it straight in hmmm..... I was more interested in how other folks are getting signal from their preamps to line-level with the least amount of tone loss .
I've done a little reading on the Hotplate and many people report inaccurate tone representation , I want to get as close as possible without miking her up .
sascha.victoria
I haven't tried what you are asking but I regularly do the following when volume is a concern. Set your small combo in a comfy side chair facing the back of the chair. Take the seat and back pillow from your sofa and put one on top of the amp and one behind the amp making a box around the amp. Then cover your pillowy box with a comforter if you want some added isolation.
brickman
sascha.victoria wrote:
I haven't tried what you are asking but I regularly do the following when volume is a concern. Set your small combo in a comfy side chair facing the back of the chair. Take the seat and back pillow from your sofa and put one on top of the amp and one behind the amp making a box around the amp. Then cover your pillowy box with a comforter if you want some added isolation.

I might end up doing something like this or getting an isocab , the speaker cab emulators I've heard really kill the sound .
sduck
I'd go with the hot plate idea. They're a great way to get good sounds out of your amp at useable household volumes, and get a recordable out as well.
brickman
sduck wrote:
I'd go with the hot plate idea. They're a great way to get good sounds out of your amp at useable household volumes, and get a recordable out as well.

From all the A/B demos I've heard there is too much tone altering for my liking . I think the neighbors are just gonna have to tough it out Rockin' Banana!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1