MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PlanB Model 10 as a compositional tool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author PlanB Model 10 as a compositional tool
dkcg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdN4EnMI-TQ&fmt=18

4 M10s, 1st one is set to a max length for cycling, 2nd less than that, 3rd les than the 2nd, etc. audio generated by Cwejman, control by PlanB, delay by ASys Echo.
sgnhh
You have 4 M10s? Fuck, you must be in serious debt with how fast your modular has grown..
berfmurret
sick
VanEck
Hard to understand what you got going on there... but it sounds cool as hell love
felix
awesome, I love that patch.

I'd love to pickup a 3rd M10, I think that would be enough. I'm not sure wether or not I should just bit the bullet and get a MKII, just so that I have the retrigger as an option...but I don't know, I love the fact that the MKIs that I have do not retrigger.
thetwlo
excellent! love it.

yeah, I have a mk1 and mk2... i guess if I got 2 more I could get rid of the A-143-1.... but the 2 + the 4 is still perhaps cooler for some things. (out of space so that's just how I think now)
dkcg
I have a 143-1 as well, I usually use it for modulations or a quick gesture generator. I love my M10's grin
The 143-1 is a great module, but the different outputs of the M10s make them my first choice, and the 143-1 makes it's way into patches after I use up the M10s. One really cool use for the 143-1 is using it to create triggers and gates with the M17. Some really cool rhythms, and w/o using a polarized mixer and 4 AR gens and 2 M17s, which you would have to to do the same thing as the 143-1.

Is there a mod to make a Mk2 not retrigger? I wouldn't mind at least one not retriggering.
dkcg
VanEck wrote:
Hard to understand what you got going on there... but it sounds cool as hell love

I don't get what's going on sometimes in the patch too lol, but basically, there are 3 or 4 sections, each is one loop of the longest Model10. The ASys Echo has it's range switched for each section (more or less), and the PH-4 and Cwejman ADSR are the main rhythm genrators with the PH-4's rate animated by I think it was the Heisenberg, which also varies cycle length on the 2 not at long env gens. Very little noodling in the recording, I was trying to make something that evolves. Got me thinking about using the M10 and M17 to gate and generate compositions. grin
dkcg
Added some annotations now...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1