MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bug Brand Frac Land!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Bug Brand Frac Land!!!
D/A A/D
http://www.bugbrand.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

The site is up!!!

Now here is my little dream BB rig!
Kent
Yeah! I've got a whole empty Blacet case with a PSCONN2 (or whatever it is called.... hihi ) ready to go! What exactly does 'limited' release mean?

Touchy-Pad looks awesome! Maybe Mr. Bug can give preference to the E.U. crew in order to counterbalance that Mini-ROM crap...
BugBrand
Hey --- thanks for beating me to the posting!

All good! I'll get back tomorrow with more details and the like..

'limited release' - well as my main focus is on the few people who will take my banana systems, but I will try to make some extra 1/8" versions along with the banana batches - I will have to see how many I can do in each batch, so I'll update later.
BananaPlug
Very cool! I love the CTL1 - Touch Panel, though the exchange rate makes it a bit expensive in $US at the moment. The site says you're focusing on doing a batch of complete systems. Does that mean you are not selling any modules individually until that is finished?
parasitk
I have no interest in converting my Frac to banana, but I'd love to get a touch pad in mini-jack! Definitely a shitty exchange rate though :(
zerosum
Beautiful love love love
krisp14u
Well done Tom
it looks fantastic
samples !
consumed
parasitk wrote:
Definitely a shitty exchange rate though :(

i dont get it. exchange rates are as good as they've been in nearly 5 years between the pound and dollar (in favor of the dollar), which puts the touch plate at about $220US in todays rates
confused

its lousy if you're in the UK buying american goods! not the other way around
parasitk
Okay then! w00t
scozbor
nice work bug!!

Any interest in selling pcbs for the DIY-ers??

Not sure what all the whinging about exchange rates is about. Try living in Australia!! eek!
D/A A/D
scozbor wrote:
Not sure what all the whinging about exchange rates is about. Try living in Australia!! eek!

Or Canada... very frustrating
BananaPlug
Quote:
i dont get it. exchange rates are as good as they've been in nearly 5 years between the pound and dollar (in favor of the dollar), which puts the touch plate at about $220US in todays rates.

Okay, I guess I started that without knowing enough about the past ups and downs of the exchange rate. Sorry. So to start over, I think that's a very cool module and if it were less expensive I'd try to order one right now. I don't think I'm whining, it costs what it costs. Small production runs don't come cheap. It's okay.
parasitk
Gah lay off! hihi I wasn't whining - I was shooting my mouth off before checking the current rates. razz I'm so used to converting from £ to USD and watching the number double. d'oh!
D/A A/D

parasitk
Oh hell yeah! SlayerBadger!
berfmurret
O NOES!!!!!!!!
DGTom
So GOOD!!!

we're not worthy

Self contained Bug system For The Epic WIN!!!
Kent
It's like a mini-Chaos-Buchla Machine Easel!
Luka
mad!

good work man
Muff Wiggler
Kent wrote:
It's like a mini-Chaos-Buchla Machine Easel!

it really is too. that's pretty much what I said to Tom after I started using it - it's most definately it's own thing, but using it reminds me a LOT of "what I imagine" using an Easel would feel like, sorta crossed with some Serge.

It's an incredible, totally unique and totally addictive system. The PT Delay can make some sounds like I've never heard from anything ever before....and the touch plate module is pretty much a game changer for me, i need to get a few more.

and....it's BEAUTIFUL. I think using thick PCB material for the panels is a brilliant idea, and they look and feel REALLY NICE. Way nicer than I expected they would actually....

and all the color coding is super fun and makes it inviting to use...

and, ok, here you go, i admit it -

using banana cables KICKS ASS. I love them. The multi functionality is cool but almost moreso they FEEL really cool plugging into the jacks. I love 'em. yeah, i'm actually surprised how much I love 'em.

seriously ENORMOUS congrats to Tom for realizing this amazing instrument - i think you've brought something really unique and new to the table here
indexofmetals
why do people £150 for a touchplate module seem expensive? I thought it was fairly cheap as there isn't anything else out there like it that isn't super expensive (i.e. Buchla or Serge TKB)
BananaPlug
This question got lost in the noise:
Quote:
The site says you're focusing on doing a batch of complete systems. Does that mean you are not selling any modules individually until that is finished?
BugBrand
Hey - yeah - I'll be back with answers in a few hours - I was out all last night and now there's a lot of emailing & post to be done!

But as a quicky -- I'd not presumed to be selling much outside full-banana-systems or the 1/8" versions - but that was mainly because I know there's not many people who I could serve in banana without them taking the full system (ie few banana frac users - well, that I know of..). But - you're an exception! We can certainly chat some more about it soon.

Alright, back before too long - cheers!
parasitk
indexofmetals wrote:
why do people £150 for a touchplate module seem expensive? I thought it was fairly cheap as there isn't anything else out there like it that isn't super expensive (i.e. Buchla or Serge TKB)

I don't think anyone said that. We were talking exchange rates - which was quickly corrected. They're not as bad as they once were (from the last time I had checked anyway). So can we move on now please? This system looks and sounds amazing! hyper
indexofmetals
ok, my confusion.

when tom mentioned the touchplate to me, I was ready to send him a blank cheque as it appeared to be exactly what I was looking for (had a tkb, wasn't right for me), and this has proven to be correct.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2