MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

space echo re150 modes 4/5/6
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author space echo re150 modes 4/5/6
dude
hello i am deeply in love with and still trying to figure exactly what is going on with my new machine. everything makes sense except modes 4/5/6 seem not to be connected to the feedback path. can anybody confirm their correct behavior? modes 1/2/3 sing perfectly but 456 just have the single repeat of whatever delay setting and then no feedback. in fact, i think the feedback control doesn't even do anything at all in those modes. its a shame as there seem to be some cool taps in 456.
haricots
4/5/6 is labeled as 'single', correct? Maybe this is for slapback effects rather than full on repeating delays.

Go here (http://www.rolandus.com/support/product_manuals/?group=6) and download the original manual.
dude
ah thanks. you rtfm'd me. i deserved it. w00t i hadn't even seen any manual other than the tech one which i have looked at some. reading now.
hari, i swear, you will love one of these things. grittiest grungiest funk ever! super delay and digidelay will be happy. well i should say, the super delay is going to have to be super fucking awesome in order to stay in the loop. This is fun!
dude
ok, you were right on. 456 just break the feedback path. i think they just need to fill in that side of three modes because there doesn't seem like much of a purpose to kill the feedback path in that it can be done manually.

does anybody know what the best head cleaning solution and best rubber lubes are for these applications?
chromium
dude wrote:
does anybody know what the best head cleaning solution and best rubber lubes are for these applications?

I just use denatured alcohol sparingly applied to a swab to clean the heads, capstan, etc... (the metal parts). Don't use that on the pinch roller, though. I usually just use a cloth dampened with windex for that, or if you have one that lost its "tack" you can get some rubber rejuvenator like Caig CaliKleen.
dude
awesome!!

any idea on proper tape splice technique? i bought a roll of ampex 632 but i don't have a splice block nor splice tape. i dig the 45º angle but...
i must say even though i want to know how to replace and upkeep this machine, i am so pleased with the way it is functioning atm. the aural dirt is of the deadly variety which is of course quite michael jackson bad.
spiffy chap
dude wrote:
awesome!!

any idea on proper tape splice technique? i bought a roll of ampex 632 but i don't have a splice block nor splice tape. i dig the 45º angle but...
i must say even though i want to know how to replace and upkeep this machine, i am so pleased with the way it is functioning atm. the aural dirt is of the deadly variety which is of course quite michael jackson bad.

Will that ampex 632 work in any tape echo? Is it mastering tape or lubricated tape?

I was reading that the mastering tape will fuck up the heads really bad, but that is what is on the classic dub style recordings with the RE201.

Either way, I'm new and here are my tape echoes:

dude
i don't know about anything other than the space echo but the tape works great in there and was recommended to me by a guy who has been working with these for a decade or more.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1