space echo re150 modes 4/5/6

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

dude
fuck yeah!

space echo re150 modes 4/5/6

Post by dude » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:17 pm

hello i am deeply in love with and still trying to figure exactly what is going on with my new machine. everything makes sense except modes 4/5/6 seem not to be connected to the feedback path. can anybody confirm their correct behavior? modes 1/2/3 sing perfectly but 456 just have the single repeat of whatever delay setting and then no feedback. in fact, i think the feedback control doesn't even do anything at all in those modes. its a shame as there seem to be some cool taps in 456.

haricots
Droppin' Loads

Post by haricots » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:44 pm

4/5/6 is labeled as 'single', correct? Maybe this is for slapback effects rather than full on repeating delays.

Go here (http://www.rolandus.com/support/product ... s/?group=6) and download the original manual.

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:43 pm

ah thanks. you rtfm'd me. i deserved it. :party: i hadn't even seen any manual other than the tech one which i have looked at some. reading now.
hari, i swear, you will love one of these things. grittiest grungiest funk ever! super delay and digidelay will be happy. well i should say, the super delay is going to have to be super fucking awesome in order to stay in the loop. :cloud:

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:53 pm

ok, you were right on. 456 just break the feedback path. i think they just need to fill in that side of three modes because there doesn't seem like much of a purpose to kill the feedback path in that it can be done manually.

does anybody know what the best head cleaning solution and best rubber lubes are for these applications?

chromium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chromium » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:23 pm

dude wrote:does anybody know what the best head cleaning solution and best rubber lubes are for these applications?
I just use denatured alcohol sparingly applied to a swab to clean the heads, capstan, etc... (the metal parts). Don't use that on the pinch roller, though. I usually just use a cloth dampened with windex for that, or if you have one that lost its "tack" you can get some rubber rejuvenator like Caig CaliKleen.

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:59 pm

awesome!!

any idea on proper tape splice technique? i bought a roll of ampex 632 but i don't have a splice block nor splice tape. i dig the 45º angle but...
i must say even though i want to know how to replace and upkeep this machine, i am so pleased with the way it is functioning atm. the aural dirt is of the deadly variety which is of course quite michael jackson bad.

spiffy chap
Learning to Wiggle

Post by spiffy chap » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:44 am

dude wrote:awesome!!

any idea on proper tape splice technique? i bought a roll of ampex 632 but i don't have a splice block nor splice tape. i dig the 45º angle but...
i must say even though i want to know how to replace and upkeep this machine, i am so pleased with the way it is functioning atm. the aural dirt is of the deadly variety which is of course quite michael jackson bad.

Will that ampex 632 work in any tape echo? Is it mastering tape or lubricated tape?

I was reading that the mastering tape will fuck up the heads really bad, but that is what is on the classic dub style recordings with the RE201.

Either way, I'm new and here are my tape echoes:

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:29 pm

i don't know about anything other than the space echo but the tape works great in there and was recommended to me by a guy who has been working with these for a decade or more.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”