MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

diy eurocase - "modular to go"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author diy eurocase - "modular to go"
helitron
here it is - the noize koffer. 4x70TE of space; multiples, gate combiners and switches mounted in the top and bottom rows; trigger button on the outside. it runs from the doepfer diy psu kit.

finally finished some major wiring and soldering. took me a whole year, but i guess its finished now.

here are some pics

you can find more on my flickr space

hel
Kent
Very nice! What are the blue modules and where is your Flickr page?
helitron
ok, post edited - forgot the link

the diy modules are:
ps3100 resonators (fonik)
modified doepfer linmixer (a130)
mfos s&h and noise cornucopia
lpg clone
vcs diy
Soy Sos
Really slick! That's kind of the size where my case design started,
but I moved it to fit 19" rack space and then opted for a separate
case for the power supply. Do you play out with it much?
Let's hear some samples! SlayerBadger! w00t
spbaker
great work! the DIY modules look great!
can you close it while its patched?
Kent
helitron,

I need to make a front panel for my DIY VCS. Is there any way that I could get fpd (or other) file from you?
neandrewthal
love Even the doepfer sequencer looks awesome with those colorful knobs and switch caps.
berfmurret
craftsmanship!!!

how did you manage those rack rails and power?
helitron
happy you gents like it...

@ kent
sure, i still have the frontpanel files, even in different versions (for some) send me your email via pm and i can send you all of them

@soysos
i intend to play live with it, including the 606 and 101- still i have to decide if i should use a computer in addition or not, for that i need a midi-cv (waiting to build the midibox one) and a new audiointerface (new mac - no firewire) ... or even better: VOLTA, that would do both in one go (wink).
samples are on the way.

@spbaker
cannot be closed while patched, i am happy that i can even close it without cables wink

@berfmurret
the rackrails were from proma, i had to cut them to fit + using sliding nuts. its actually a mix with proma rails and the doepfer diy rails screwed on the back of the proma rails, that saves me 4-5mm space. the powerrails were the doepfer rails, that i had to cut and slice to fit, they are hidden behind the black "multifunction" strips

as i said i have to process some recordings (they are mostly on tape) and them i put them online.

hel
fonik
great work. i like the look with all those modules in different designs. very vivid. love

BTW why did you mount the joystick controller upside down?
flts
fonik wrote:
great work. i like the look with all those modules in different designs. very vivid. love

Yeah, I love the "patchwork" look in that one - different colours and layouts aplenty. Should really get into finishing more DIY modules so I could get my modular look like that instead of one huge slab of grey / aluminium... lol
Kent
fonik wrote:

BTW why did you mount the joystick controller upside down?

"Upside Down" is exactly how it is laid out on the French Connection. It keeps the knobs and cables out of your way quite nicely.

From here:
JohnLRice
Awesome job, Helitron!!!! hyper

Will the case close even with the patchcords plugged in??
DGTom
Great set-up with the 606/101 combo!

The external trigger button is on the side? Both sides would be cool, like playing sonic pinball! hihi

The utility panels are great! What are the switches + 4 jack setups doing?
helitron
thats right, i put the xy controler upside down so i dont have the cables and knobs in the way - had to resolder some wires for that.

i like the patchwork thing to - actually i was heavily inspired by the harvestman case, that had a similar layout, except for the lid modules.
unfortunately there is no space left for some nasty yellow modules with obscene drawings and tubes sticking out :(

@DGTom: i left out the trigger button on the right side just because of that - dont want people to think that i am playing pinball at gigs. that would give me that minesweeper-playing-laptop-dj attitude wink
the switches and the jacks make up a handy switched multiple: i can switch between two inputs with the signal beeing sent to two outs - that makes it a 3way multiple

hel
revmutt
neandrewthal wrote:
love Even the doepfer sequencer looks awesome with those colorful knobs and switch caps.

Yeah those caps help a lot. I don't know what size they are but apparently one may be able to buy them here:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=plastic+switch+cap
helitron
finally I found some time to play with my toys and record something.
enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1taS29tnP0

hel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1