MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Complex Random weak gates?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author Complex Random weak gates?

Selador

Hi guys,

Anyone have any issues with the Addac Random gates? Mine are weak--unfortunately I don't have a way to measure precise voltage, but they need separate amplification to trigger an envelope or open a VCA/LPG entirely.

sad banana

Anyone have similar experience or solutions? I'd hate to constantly lose a VCA every time I want to use it.

DonKartofflo

normally emailing andré on this will yield a quick and helpful reply as well as a repair offer if the problem is not solvable on your own.

Selador

Probably should have given that a shot at the get-go. Thanks for the heads up!

DonKartofflo

Selador wrote:
Probably should have given that a shot at the get-go. Thanks for the heads up!

always a pleasure thumbs up

Gribs

I have this issue as well. The gates are particularly weak on the expansion module. I just sent an email to Addac about this. Is it better to send a PM here?

Gribs

Edit,

Wow that was fast. I heard back from Andre within about 15 minutes. Does he ever sleep?

It appears that this was an issue with some early units. The solution is to send it to Addac for a repair/upgrade - no biggie other than some time.

Functionally, if you want random voltages and gates with fine control over the parameters for the time series, this module is the best I have tried.

Selador

I've just resigned to amplifying the gates with a Positronic Transient Gate to get them high enough. The gain distortion can make for some interestingly shaped envelopes, but it's still a bit inconvenient. If you get any response back please do report back, I've held off until shipping a module to Europe is feasible.

Cheers! Guinness ftw!

Selador

Well, that was indeed quick. That explains why I was able to snag my expander for eighty dollars.. Looks like I'll be investing in postage soon.

Thanks!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1