MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Need advice for DR-55 mods
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Need advice for DR-55 mods
Scaff
i just received a Boss DR-55 tonight and would like to give it a few more knobs Guinness ftw! But i need some help! Its open

and sounds like this with some body contacts 8_)

Boss dr-55 and fingers
SMS303
At the Dutch synthforum had DenDer modi-midified his Dr-55...
For contact you can sent an email by using: Bericht verzenden from his profilepage

mods left to right:
-Full Accent
-BassDrum Decay
-BassDrum Pitch (new)
-Noise Level
-Rimshot Pitch (new)
-Rimshot Resonance (new)
-SnareDrum Pitch (new)
-HiHat Pitch (new)
-HiHat Level (new)
-HiHat Decay (new)
Scaff
super nice! thumbs up
SMS303
Scaff wrote:
super nice! thumbs up

Your welcome smile
Hopely DenDer will share his notes
Scaff
Bought it for and after the first aid cleaning its looking like this

ringstone
BD Decay mod is super easy - some early DR-55's even have a trimpot for it! If not check the schematic or even just the board for the resistor you need to swap for a pot - It's R12 or VR5 down in the bottom left hand corner (with the component side up).

I would try swapping out R8 for a pot for BD tune. You could control overall noise level/saturation (snare and hihat) by swapping out VR7 for a pot. Swapping R35 for a pot should allow you to control the amount of snare noise. R28 may give you some control over the tuning of the pitched component of the snare, and R27 the decay.

Regards
Blair
Scaff
ringstone wrote:
BD Decay mod is super easy - some early DR-55's even have a trimpot for it! If not check the schematic or even just the board for the resistor you need to swap for a pot - It's R12 or VR5 down in the bottom left hand corner (with the component side up).

I would try swapping out R8 for a pot for BD tune. You could control overall noise level/saturation (snare and hihat) by swapping out VR7 for a pot. Swapping R35 for a pot should allow you to control the amount of snare noise. R28 may give you some control over the tuning of the pitched component of the snare, and R27 the decay.

Regards
Blair

Thank you for these informations. I love this machine because of its portability and its super handy with the 2 trigger outputs.
thedug
Here are two pages that I found very helpful...

http://pdp7.org/boss_dr_sync/bossdr55.html

http://machines.hyperreal.org/categories/drum-machines/DR-55/mods/
thedug
Anybody successfully add a clock in?
sebdvvv
Hey there, i will try the clock in mod very soon and will let you know
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1