MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

D-1000 Clock Input ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author D-1000 Clock Input ?
resetlfo
Hello

I want to use d1000s internal sequencer with my system in sync .but I just cannot use it as master clock, so I decided to built or at least change clock output into clock input for internal sequencer
Because the way how you work with sequencer switches are great and easy to write grooves

Therefore i would like to ask if anyone interested to built and succeeded a clock input for D1000's internal sequencer ?
dan_p
Yep, heads up for a mod to get a clock in botched onto the side of the case would be great.
Klopfgeist
Eric mentioned a mod was possible in another thread.

I would be interested in this as well. Would there be any reset function available so the sequencer would always start at 1 or 8?
nrdvrgr
Fuck it. D-1000 is boss clock!
resetlfo
nrdvrgr wrote:
Fuck it. D-1000 is boss clock!

Wrong.

You cannot use it as master clock if you want to record it , and make some arrangements later on .
Or in another words , you cannot rely whole your modular system to its clock

Also you cannot find the exact tempo if you are running it with some other material . There you will have tempo issues .

I found it pretty non-sense that it has clock output instead of clock input honestly .
nrdvrgr
OK, I hear you... but I mean that it is not less awkward than using any other LFO in your modular,

I don´t use any midi or computer with my setup, so for me it has become the BOSS clock. Old skool.

Rockin' Banana!
resetlfo
nrdvrgr wrote:
OK, I hear you... but I mean that it is not less awkward than using any other LFO in your modular,

I don´t use any midi or computer with my setup, so for me it has become the BOSS clock. Old skool.

Rockin' Banana!

do u have also hum problem with that ?

especially snare drum ?
Klopfgeist
Like others, I need to be able to sync it to my DAW's master clock. So far I have has great results triggering it from the Oberkorn and clock dividers, but I would also like to be able to use the internal sequencer synced to an external clock.
Low-Gain
it doesn't have a clock input?? wack.

If someone wants to buy me a D1000 i'll gladly document a modification for clock input! lol lol lol
resetlfo
its easy .

open the board you will see clock input and reset

cut the "clock out" trace , solder a cable from the clock output socket and solder this cable to "clock" where it is labelled beside the tempo knob on the board . It means you already transform the clock output into clock input .

Than use one of the empty holes of the board of d1000 and build a input socket there , than from this socket go to reset and solder . Apply 5v to this reset input . that sequencer will go back to 1

the seq runs 1 pulse per step . the signal you will feed to clock input need to be very very short , mean you might need to use some kind of trigger modifier . if you apply long gates , the triggers can double the sounds which is not pleasant .

thats it
zerosum
Low-Gain wrote:

If someone wants to buy me a D1000 i'll gladly document a modification for clock input! lol lol lol

Oh jesus lol
It's already on the PCB someone just has to attach the jack to to the board to do it! meh
(look for the DIY easter eggs children.....)
Where you want to mount the 1/4"(or 1/8" or whatever) jack is another story.
drill a hole in the side of the toolbox I suppose.(There wasn't room on the panel to mount another jack for external clock, but there are 4 individual trigger inputs for each voice)
I am going to stick my D1000 in a wooden box, then mount a jack for external clock input on the box.
I am also experimenting with vactrols to add additional control voltage inputs(for my personal model)
burnn_out!
So a seperate clock input jack can be made? i mean to say that if i choose the internal clock will remain and by hitting the run switch off with a clock input modded d1000, i could use external clock? having both would be nice, a previous poster mentioned snipping the clock wire, which i often use the d1000 clock. being able to switch between its clock and the gate out of my leploop would be sweet though. what other easter eggs exist? i have a synth tech close by, so its my intensions to have him do the clock input. curious what other mods are possible. thanx.
LEVLHED
huh, that sounds pretty easy actually

I devised a way to make the D-1000 clock master though...pretty sure I had a thread on this a little while ago. I should probably make a recording/video about the results one of these days..
Low-Gain
zerosum wrote:
Low-Gain wrote:

Oh jesus lol
It's already on the PCB someone just has to attach the jack to to the board to do it! meh
(look for the DIY easter eggs children.....)
Where you want to mount the 1/4"(or 1/8" or whatever) jack is another story.
drill a hole in the side of the toolbox I suppose.(There wasn't room on the panel to mount another jack for external clock, but there are 4 individual trigger inputs for each voice)
I am going to stick my D1000 in a wooden box, then mount a jack for external clock input on the box.
I am also experimenting with vactrols to add additional control voltage inputs(for my personal model)

well i didn't know that. hahaha.. i dont own one.... YET! for real i gotta get one like.. SOON. i'm going fucking nuts w/ out one. I'd almost consider selling my 808 to get that and a kv-100. hahaha ALMOST...
slow_riot
i would sell an 808 to get a d1000.

the thing is the perfect drum machine to go with a modular synth. just simple drum stuff so you can use other machines for more complex harmonic/tonal stuff and let the d1000 do pounding. And it is already configured to do the extra stuff if you want to go deeper into the drum sounds... audio/trigger/cv in.

plus, the sound, of course.
slow_riot
oh, and on topic more, I'm gonna look into clock modifications. The sequencer circuit seems to have a lot of options for diy... ins and outs. I don't want to alter the panel but it could be possible to do something in the lid... maybe put some euro rails in there like someone recently did and make an expander module. hmm
radiodread87
having used the D1000 recently i did think that a clock input may have been cool , it wasnt so much of an issue because of the external triggering options for the throat punching but would be nice in some instances of patching , i was thinking of actually rack mounting it along with the kv100 on a flat panel like i saw on the metasonix website if i did that im sure there would be provision on the front panel for another jack. just a bit scared of messing with my metasonix too much but im sure my tech could handle it.
johnnywoods
has anyone done this successfully?

I've attached a jack to the "ext clock" on the pcb, but am having no luck. Do I need to add a switch somewhere to break the connection from the internal clock?
seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it
Low-Gain
johnnywoods wrote:

I've attached a jack to the "ext clock" on the pcb, but am having no luck. Do I need to add a switch somewhere to break the connection from the internal clock?
seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it

stupid question, but... did you wire a ground wire from the jack to the pcb?
johnnywoods
Low-Gain wrote:
johnnywoods wrote:

stupid question, but... did you wire a ground wire from the jack to the pcb?

actually, not a stupid question at all... there are 2 connections for the "ext clock", and I assumed one would go to ground... d'oh! maybe this is not the case? seriously, i just don't get it
Low-Gain
i dont own a D-1000 so i'm not sure.. but i make sure u got a ground wire going from the jack to the pcb.
slow_riot
"ext clock" on the bottom left of the board is a trace that needs to be cut. The 2 points on the circuit are there so you can add a switch to change between internal and external clock.

The external clock signal goes to Clock in the middle set of 8 holes (next to reset).

I assume that Low-Gain knows what they're talking about when they say to run a connection from ground to the jack.
Low-Gain
slow_riot wrote:
"ext clock" on the bottom left of the board is a trace that needs to be cut. The 2 points on the circuit are there so you can add a switch to change between internal and external clock.

The external clock signal goes to Clock in the middle set of 8 holes (next to reset).

I assume that Low-Gain knows what they're talking about when they say to run a connection from ground to the jack.

aHH,, So there Are 3 wires that will be going to the ext. clock jack. Figured there had to be normalling scheme there somewhere. good good.
(I've never seen the inside of a d1000 before, *Laughs*)
depth20
Anybody had any luck with this and actually got it working? It's kind of a deal breaker for me if I'm gonna get it or not.
slow_riot
yes it works and is about the easiest piece of work you could ever do. The sequencer has been designed with expansions already in place.

I'm waiting to do it right, and put a proper enclosure for the expansions. I could do it now in about 5 minutes by putting holes into the current box, or the faceplate, or changing the clock out to clock in. Very easy.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2