Volta work w/ DP 5.13 ?

Discussion and support for MOTU's Volta software.

Moderators: Kent, stretta

JRamella
Common Wiggler

Volta work w/ DP 5.13 ?

Post by JRamella » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:33 pm

I just purchased Volta, installed it and noticed the following while using it w/ DP 5.13:

1. Sidechain menu... absent.
2. Calibration screen... 3 buttons on the left side, rest of screen empty. So... I can't calibrate.

I have created a MIDI track - and sent the output to the input of the Volta instrument track and I get the notes I had entered (well... wrong pitch), so I know I can pass voltage/gate but the tracking is horrible/unusable. I tuned it to an E and the octaves are in tune, but everything in-between is off.

Do I have to upgrade to a more recent version of DP to get this thing to work? Thanks!

Gear: DP 5.13, Volta 1.04, Mac OSX 10.5.8, MOTU 828MkII

JRamella
Common Wiggler

Post by JRamella » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:38 pm

MOTU actually updated my ticket and replied it is suppose to work w/ 5.13. I was able to calibrate... but this software is either buggy or just doesn't really work w/ 5.13.

I set up a track linked to Volta... it works for a while... then magically stops. I re-calibrate. It works for like 5 mins... then stops. The LED's on my 828Mk2 do not light up - so I assume there is an issue w/ transmitting data via firewire to the interface from 5.13.

I would probably throw down another $200 to upgrade to DP7 - if I really thought it would work. But I have no confidence. I just wasted $200.

Wow... guy who wrote this software should be shot.

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Works great for me (I normally use DP6, but I've also successfully used it in 5.13).
JRamella wrote:Wow... guy who wrote this software should be shot.
Really.

Analog>Plugins
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Analog>Plugins » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:12 am

I would probably throw down another $200 to upgrade to DP7 - if I really thought it would work. But I have no confidence. I just wasted $200.
Yeah I felt the same way when I bought it, sold it on ebay and bought Silent Way
Silent Way

Return to “Volta”