MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Volta work w/ DP 5.13 ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author Volta work w/ DP 5.13 ?
JRamella
I just purchased Volta, installed it and noticed the following while using it w/ DP 5.13:

1. Sidechain menu... absent.
2. Calibration screen... 3 buttons on the left side, rest of screen empty. So... I can't calibrate.

I have created a MIDI track - and sent the output to the input of the Volta instrument track and I get the notes I had entered (well... wrong pitch), so I know I can pass voltage/gate but the tracking is horrible/unusable. I tuned it to an E and the octaves are in tune, but everything in-between is off.

Do I have to upgrade to a more recent version of DP to get this thing to work? Thanks!

Gear: DP 5.13, Volta 1.04, Mac OSX 10.5.8, MOTU 828MkII
JRamella
MOTU actually updated my ticket and replied it is suppose to work w/ 5.13. I was able to calibrate... but this software is either buggy or just doesn't really work w/ 5.13.

I set up a track linked to Volta... it works for a while... then magically stops. I re-calibrate. It works for like 5 mins... then stops. The LED's on my 828Mk2 do not light up - so I assume there is an issue w/ transmitting data via firewire to the interface from 5.13.

I would probably throw down another $200 to upgrade to DP7 - if I really thought it would work. But I have no confidence. I just wasted $200.

Wow... guy who wrote this software should be shot.
parasitk
Works great for me (I normally use DP6, but I've also successfully used it in 5.13).

JRamella wrote:
Wow... guy who wrote this software should be shot.

Really.
Analog>Plugins
Quote:
I would probably throw down another $200 to upgrade to DP7 - if I really thought it would work. But I have no confidence. I just wasted $200.

Yeah I felt the same way when I bought it, sold it on ebay and bought Silent Way
Silent Way
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1