MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FoH infernal noise machine vs 4ms triwave picogenerator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author FoH infernal noise machine vs 4ms triwave picogenerator
burnn_out!
I'm interested in one of these two for extending my semi-modular merzbow madness. i love making noise music and merzbow inspired acid basically wondering what peoples opinions are on these. the FoH inm seems it would have the wider sound palette, cv control, and joysticks! i would probably control this using my acidlab bassline. on the other hand the triwave has to my ears a more aggressive sound, drum triggers, customizable enclosure. i'd have multiple ways of controlling this but the demos out there make the sound seem a little limited for what you pay. so whats your guys take. SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! nanners
Ulven
I'm also interested in opinions about the picogenerator!
mr big
i don't know the inm firsthand. but i am underwhelmed with the picogenerator.
Cybananna
I havent used the INM, but I have 4 plague bearers and a choices (had two before waah ) If the INM filter is at all similar to the plague bearer, it will be great. Flight is a great guy and I highly recommend his stuff. (I've never dealt with 4ms so no offense intended as he is likely a great guy too!)

Flight Of Harmony
burnn_out!
@ mr big - underwhelmed? soundwise? controls? or the whole deal? Cause it seems that way in the demos, a little limited soundwise. seriously, i just don't get it Dead Banana
bartlebooth
Cybananna wrote:
I havent used the INM, but I have 4 plague bearers and a choices (had two before waah ) If the INM filter is at all similar to the plague bearer, it will be great. Flight is a great guy and I highly recommend his stuff. (I've never dealt with 4ms so no offense intended as he is likely a great guy too!)

Flight Of Harmony

The INM is a fun box but the filter is not at all like the plague bearer, I kind of wished it was but it's way more subtle. It takes some exploring to find the zones where the most interesting sounds reside, which I think is a good thing in this kind of box because it keeps you engaged but it may not be what some people expect (ie, its not instant face-melting sounds).

and yes, dann is a great guy too!
miditerranean
Cybananna wrote:

Flight Of Harmony

The INM filters are different than the Plague Bearer's but it has those same kind of sweet spots that make it awesome. With the INM, you definitely want to take advantage of the CV/audio inputs.

I haven't used the Picowave so I can't compare the two but the INM is awesome.
mr big
yeah the picogenerator has so much going on under the hood but fails to translate into exciting sounds. for me anyway.

4ms' youtube demo does really do it justice.
Nelson Baboon
mr big wrote:
yeah the picogenerator has so much going on under the hood but fails to translate into exciting sounds. for me anyway.

4ms' youtube demo does really do it justice.

I owned both at one point, and I'd agree with your assessment of the picogenerator. I did find the noise swash box to be quite excellent, but I thought that this one was rather disappointing.

I did like the inm.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1