MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frostwave Resonator vs Analogue Solutions SY02
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Frostwave Resonator vs Analogue Solutions SY02
lionelfischer
Driving
rolsteins
lionelfischer wrote:
anyone ever compare the two?

the AS one is under 200 dollars and available now.

the Frostwave is rare and hard to find, might buy it from a friend for 450 dollars but wondering if I should just go for the Analogue Solutions..

Resonator is nice, simple and standalone - what is cool.
Can you use SY02 without "modular box"?
lionelfischer
Driving
tuj
The consensus I have heard is that the Frostwave will get you the closer to a MS-20 sound, the SY02 you will have to at least tweak the trimpots.
MindMachine
The Frostwave is nice as a desktop piece. The Sy02 does get pretty damn close to the MS20 sound. I recently picked one up and used it a few times. It is now in my "probably sell" area of the studio if you are interested.

I like the architecture and sound of the unit, but it seems to have a low output level or something that I just do not feel it ike my other VCF's. I do like the added VCA though.
djinnwithin
I have a Frostwave Resonator and use it all the time. I haven't checked out the Analogue Solutions yet (other than demo clips) but would probably go with it as the Resonators are pricey because they are treated as collectables (I HATE when this happens). You could get the SY02 plus another module for the same price as the Frostwave.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1