I-pad noise

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

krv
Super Deluxe Wiggler

I-pad noise

Post by krv » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:08 am

...just add some delay and crank the volume...

old video, but hope you'll like this

[video][/video]

hawklord2112
Generally and Specifically

Post by hawklord2112 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:02 am

whats the app?
stk wrote:Hawklord IS the Annoying Checkout Guy!!!!1111
nrdvrgr wrote:Hawklord IS the Annoying Synth Neighbor!

krv
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by krv » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 am

Hi,
it's sonic wire sculptor few bucks app and load of fun

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:32 am

i've just got an used ipod touch and this app: really a lot of fun
FS (EU) Roland R8 MKII perfect condition

richard wrote:
"we just need some mutlinational to grab the copyrights over the sine wave and we are all fucked"

krv
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by krv » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:35 am

amsonx wrote:i've just got an used ipod touch and this app: really a lot of fun
Excellent move amsonx, I-pad/I-pod can do a lot to improve your noise... also check out Jasuto virtual modular synth :tu:

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:55 am

krv wrote:
Excellent move amsonx, I-pad/I-pod can do a lot to improve your noise... also check out Jasuto virtual modular synth :tu:

i've got it two days ago :)

richard wrote:
"we just need some mutlinational to grab the copyrights over the sine wave and we are all fucked"

krv
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by krv » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:22 am

amsonx wrote:
krv wrote:

i've got it two days ago :)
:hihi:

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:06 am

And yesterday i've got an iRig and Filtatron :)

i think that this autumn i'llo go to buy an iPad

richard wrote:

wmgaretjax
Common Wiggler

Post by wmgaretjax » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:27 pm

this app is a lot of fun. thanks for the tip.

Control
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Control » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:24 pm

That app looks pretty awesome. Do you think it's worth it, with only owning an I-phone?

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:28 am

Control wrote:That app looks pretty awesome. Do you think it's worth it, with only owning an I-phone?
i've a iPod 2G and i'm satisfied with it (s

richard wrote:

Control
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Control » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:49 am

Thanks for your advice. I think I'm sold. How is the Filtatron app by the way? Looks pretty cool.

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:16 am

Control wrote:Thanks for your advice. I think I'm sold. How is the Filtatron app by the way? Looks pretty cool.
For me is great: great sound and sampling capabilities !

richard wrote:

Control
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Control » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:20 am

So you can record sounds and make them into samples and save them?! I would assume you can only save as much as the memory you have on the actual device? Sorry for all the questions.

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:28 am

Control wrote:So you can record sounds and make them into samples and save them?! I would assume you can only save as much as the memory you have on the actual device? Sorry for all the questions.
yes , but with itunes you can transfer sample from and to the ipod

richard wrote:

Control
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Control » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Wow! That's pretty cool. So you use Itunes to store more samples then the phone can hold and then just load the samples you want to manipulate. That's slick.

Control
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Control » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:31 pm

I really haven't explored many music apps for the IPhone. Are there any other ones you would suggest? Are there any good drone apps?

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:50 am

Control wrote:I really haven't explored many music apps for the IPhone. Are there any other ones you would suggest? Are there any good drone apps?
take a look at Dronestation

richard wrote:

Control
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Control » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:59 am

Will do. Thanks amsonx. I really appreciate it.

lopez-donado
Learning to Wiggle

Post by lopez-donado » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 am

Sprak for iPhone = ours of fun and sounds quite warm too
... My 2 cents worth on iPad stuff

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:41 pm

I thought that it was all pretty much shit. The novelty of having this small portable touch sensitive device was cool, and tricks people into thinking that these apps compare at all to either 'real' computer apps, or hardware synths. Perhaps the most ludicrous example of this that I see all of the time is people insisting that the ipad goes way beyond the lemur, which is simply ridiculous.

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:53 am

Nelson Baboon wrote:I thought that it was all pretty much shit. The novelty of having this small portable touch sensitive device was cool, and tricks people into thinking that these apps compare at all to either 'real' computer apps, or hardware synths. Perhaps the most ludicrous example of this that I see all of the time is people insisting that the ipad goes way beyond the lemur, which is simply ridiculous.

My goal is use it more as controller than as musical instruments or noise box so i'm really curios about your consideration about Lemur vs. iPad.

i've got a ipod 2g two mounth ago to see if this and in future an iPad can be part of my workflow. IO've found the iPod (and i have a 2g) is a really wonderful controller.

Rigth now i use TouchOsc with my own (simple) template to control Numerology and love the morphing that KapturePad can perform in Live.
I'm quite satisfied with this little gear and i imagine that new iPad2 is obvously better.

richard wrote:

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:57 am

amsonx wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:I thought that it was all pretty much shit. The novelty of having this small portable touch sensitive device was cool, and tricks people into thinking that these apps compare at all to either 'real' computer apps, or hardware synths. Perhaps the most ludicrous example of this that I see all of the time is people insisting that the ipad goes way beyond the lemur, which is simply ridiculous.
While I didn't keep my lemur, because ultimately I wasn't into programming it, it is just much, much deeper than anything on the ipad. There is simply no comparison. The apps on the ipad are pretty simple (at least as of a few months ago). I don't think it's really valid to compare a device with lots of individual simple apps to a device that goes really deep as a sequencing, controller. Very different things. As the lemur gets cheaper on the used market, I get tempted to pick up one again.....

My goal is use it more as controller than as musical instruments or noise box so i'm really curios about your consideration about Lemur vs. iPad.

i've got a ipod 2g two mounth ago to see if this and in future an iPad can be part of my workflow. IO've found the iPod (and i have a 2g) is a really wonderful controller.

Rigth now i use TouchOsc with my own (simple) template to control Numerology and love the morphing that KapturePad can perform in Live.
I'm quite satisfied with this little gear and i imagine that new iPad2 is obvously better.

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:10 am

@Nelson

ok, i know.. but i think that in future there are better app on the iPad and with the multitasking you can run more that an app

about the sequencing: i use Numerology and i'm know that Jim is hard working to made for the iPad what has yet do for the Launchpad.

says that if i've the chanche (and the :75: ) i'll got an iPad and the Lemur

richard wrote:

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:21 am

Certainly - down the road there will be better apps. But writing something as deep as the lemur will be a different kind of app entirely.

numerology is really very different.....

Return to “Synth Noise”