MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

V-Picks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author V-Picks
Kwote
I first saw one at Plord's. but didn't think much of it. found it again randomly online. short story short, i bought a few and they RULE!!

http://v-picks.com/

my favorite so far being the shredder but the freakishly large has the fattest tone.

Kent
I've been using larger triangular plexi picks for years. Shit... 20 of 'em so far. The ones that I made are beveled a bit differently but are pretty much the same as shown in the top photo.

The thicker the pick, the fatter the tone. It's true. Changing picks is the best 'studio EQ' out there.
Kwote
Kent wrote:
I've been using larger triangular plexi picks for years. Shit... 20 of 'em so far. The ones that I made are beveled a bit differently but are pretty much the same as shown in the top photo.

The thicker the pick, the fatter the tone. It's true. Changing picks is the best 'studio EQ' out there.

pics or CIUYA
dkcg
I love my Dunlop Jazz3 picks. With a sharp point. Nothing worse feeling to me than a flimsy pick, I'd rather just fingerpick at that point.
plord
I used the 3mm Big Stubbys for a while, picked up a few V-picks a while back and still alternate. The V-picks have the most precise attack, it's very striking (no pun intended). They are also damn near indestructible. I've been whacking one against some pretty heavy strings (.56 - .12, wound third) for 6 months or more and it looks brand new.
Soy Sos
I've been using those purple 1.14mm Dunlop Tortex for like 25
years. Nothing else really feels right for some reason.
I guess you just get used to it.
Kwote
i want to get the Psycho Shredder next.

Muff Wiggler
i cannot use a guitar pick

i use my thumb mostly (like Knopfler!) and a bit of fingers sometimes
Kent
Think I'm frontin'?

SlayerBadger!
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:

hardly touch 'em myself...i have been using a US quarter for leads a bit but mostly thumb and first two fingers...
dkcg
ross g wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:

hardly touch 'em myself...i have been using a US quarter for leads a bit but mostly thumb and first two fingers...

Nice! I tried coins, but just not pointy enough. I had a couple silver picks I made in a jewelery class in college, but they didn't feel right and would wear funny, but my favorite non-musical musical object, sears craftsman sparkplug socket for my favorite slide. smile
felix
I used to play 2.0 dunlop "gator grip" picks using the rounded edge, for purely stupid reasons, not tone. I still have my first pick, around my neck.

I can play with almost anything now, but prefer medium range sizes, not real thin, but not thick either. For me I need it to flex a tiny bit.

I have a bunch of Wedgie picks
http://www.wedgie.com/

I got them from a dude I met back when they were based in Campbell.
Kwote
felix wrote:
I used to play 2.0 dunlop "gator grip" picks using the rounded edge, for purely stupid reasons, not tone. I still have my first pick, around my neck.

I can play with almost anything now, but prefer medium range sizes, not real thin, but not thick either. For me I need it to flex a tiny bit.

I have a bunch of Wedgie picks
http://www.wedgie.com/

I got them from a dude I met back when they were based in Campbell.

interesting. pretty sporty hihi
wetterberg
a bass player, I used a big brown Dunlop felt pick for a while, hehe. Yes, felt. neat.

*if* it was called for I used 2mm sort of semi-triangular ones, can't recall the type.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1