MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pomona Banana Cables - Where to buy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Pomona Banana Cables - Where to buy?
wavecircle
I always thought that Cyndustries sold these but not so anymore.

Where can I get them?
parasitk
http://www.testpath.com/Categories/Banana-Plug-Patch-Cords-1700.htm

I also find 'em on ebay.
Reality Checkpoint
You will find it very hard to get them in the UK. Most suppliers here just order them through their American affiliates.

Rapid here in the UK do some decent banana cables. Check out this link and then search for other colours.

http://www.rapidonline.com/searchresults.aspx?style=0&kw=17-2840

Bonne chance!
wavecircle
Seems strange. I thought these were the industry standard for banana cables, very difficult to find. Are they still being manufactured?
Reality Checkpoint
Yes indeed, but the market in the UK for them is obviously very small, so the large companies do not seem to stock them, and as they are multi-national just do inter country transfers, as and when required.
richard
they are very cheap!!

in a good way I mean
davemoog
Mouser sell and have good stock of Pomona banana cables and may have more reasonable shipping rates overseas (they definitely do to Canada). Patch cable prices from Testpath are priced approx the same as above but their shipping cost to Canada seemed high.

example from Mouser
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Pomona-Electronics/B-24-7/?qs=sGAE piMZZMv8kklI404QlYqXevF45oVs

Allied sometimes have a good range of banana cables at approx the same price as well

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=8856210
Dave77
I ordered today From Testpath
cbm
At the risk of being redundant, Testpath is about the cheapest, and has about the the largest stock of Pomona bananas.
Luka
and if you say your a tight ass via email you can ask for cheaper shipping methods
wavecircle
Are the Testpath cables made by Pomona? I cant find pomona cables on there.
cbm
The Testpath site is not loading for me right now, but IIRC, there is a manufacturer selection area on the top left of the main page.
Borellus
I've ordered all my cables from Testpath.

The Testpath site seems to be down for the moment, but this link should get you to all the Pomona "B" cable offerings:

http://www.testpath.com/Categories/Banana-Plug-Patch-Cords-PVC-Stackin g-1835.htm
gddfp
I've recently ordered from Testpath, 'cause everybody told me they're the place to go for Pomona's. Indeed they're a little bit cheaper than Mouser (from which I usually order all of my other DIY components), and they have a larger selection. But...

...Testpath's shipping (to Belgium, Europe) was $106 !!
When I asked for a cheaper shipping method, I was recommended to use USPS, which would then amount to "only" $50. (!)

It took two weeks for the package to arrive at Belgium customs, which then held the shipment for another two weeks, *after* I filled out a customs declaration form which was send to me by customs.
Then it was forwarded to the Post office, where I could pick it up for an additional... wait for it... €106 ($145) ! This includes VAT, customs "rights', formalities, and "costs for an advance" (whatever that is).
So, instead of paying $375 for a bunch of patch cords, I ended up paying $570 (and waiting for it for a month), which kinda annihilates the small price difference with Mouser. d'oh!

Now, since I had to give a demonstration of my system within a week, and really needed those patch cords, I also ordered the same patch cords again with Mouser.
They were send off the same day with FedEx, I payed no shipping costs (as per usual at Mouser: any order above $75 has free shipping), and... the package was delivered at my doorstep within two (2!) days. No hassle, no additional costs.

You do the math.

_g
MechaSeb
gddfp wrote:
I've recently ordered from Testpath, 'cause everybody told me they're the place to go for Pomona's. Indeed they're a little bit cheaper than Mouser (from which I usually order all of my other DIY components), and they have a larger selection. But...

...Testpath's shipping (to Belgium, Europe) was $106 !!
When I asked for a cheaper shipping method, I was recommended to use USPS, which would then amount to "only" $50. (!)

It took two weeks for the package to arrive at Belgium customs, which then held the shipment for another two weeks, *after* I filled out a customs declaration form which was send to me by customs.
Then it was forwarded to the Post office, where I could pick it up for an additional... wait for it... €106 ($145) ! This includes VAT, customs "rights', formalities, and "costs for an advance" (whatever that is).
So, instead of paying $375 for a bunch of patch cords, I ended up paying $570 (and waiting for it for a month), which kinda annihilates the small price difference with Mouser. d'oh!

Now, since I had to give a demonstration of my system within a week, and really needed those patch cords, I also ordered the same patch cords again with Mouser.
They were send off the same day with FedEx, I payed no shipping costs (as per usual at Mouser: any order above $75 has free shipping), and... the package was delivered at my doorstep within two (2!) days. No hassle, no additional costs.

You do the math.

_g

Pretty insane !
I've ordered two time form Testpatch and never had to pay more than the US shipping price. I mean, when you order through their website, there is not all of the international destinations/countys. So i chose the France military base state (coze i live in France). Of course the guy from Testpatch contact me saying it was not the right destination and price should defer. I told him to cancel the order because i didn't have more than 20 bucks to give him for shipping, then he finally accepted to send me my 40 cables with a US shipping price = 9,5$. Always received my cables, no dutys, no taxes, no problem. But if the parcel get lost, there is no way to be refund.
Luka
i had the same experience

ended up being a lot more than a mouser shipment
i would have used mouser but they didnt have any stock
Dave77
Testpath Email me for confirm order..
the shipping cost Global Express Mail is 39,95 $ for Italy
cbm
Shipping via priority mail, with insurance, from the US to Europe is about $50.00. If there's no insurance it doesn't have to go priority, and gets cheaper.

Shipping through a carrier like FedEx is really expensive.

It doesn't sound to me like Testpath is charging a premium to ship to Europe.

I guess the moral is: If you can find it locally, buy it locally.
noobyscooby
Everyone internationally should use Mouser. They ship FREE express so you will get it super fast and all you should have to pay is local taxes if there are any.

I ordered once at 1500 EST from Canada and it was on my doorstep the next morning. 10 bucks GST on a $200 order and that's it.

Analogue Haven and Testpath and all these boutique companies are great if you live in the states but internationally they're just a big pain in the ass.
wavecircle
I've been looking again. It's been a pain in the arse but this is a good link to order Pomonas in the UK. I set up the filters so you can order by length and colour.

http://uk.mouser.com/Test-Measurement/Test-Equipment-Accessories/Test- Leads/_/N-7uqeu?Keyword=565-B&FS=True
Clockgate
Thanks for that wavecircle. I was just about to order some more, that saves me a bit of work. thumbs up
leeski
wavecircle wrote:
I've been looking again. It's been a pain in the arse but this is a good link to order Pomonas in the UK. I set up the filters so you can order by length and colour.

http://uk.mouser.com/Test-Measurement/Test-Equipment-Accessories/Test- Leads/_/N-7uqeu?Keyword=565-B&FS=True

Super cool
ZenMusic
what about a source for the Buchla audio tini patch cables?

are they
.141" plug cable switchcraft
Alek
yeah, that would be nice... tini cables are hard to find...
wavecircle
Switchcraft 750s are fine:

http://uk.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Switchcraft/750/?qs=I3kMT7EEIOXZT%2 52b6uNvTlLQ==

hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2