MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frac Panels for SynthTech Euro Modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Frac Panels for SynthTech Euro Modules
swordsect
Does anyone know if Motm or Blacet will be selling Panels for the
new Frac modules? I have them in Euro already, and much rather
have these in my Frac setup, but alas I have no panels....
emergencyofstate
Not sure. I would suggest mailing blacet@blacet.com and asking.
e-grad
Pls report back whether John is going to sell these panels only.
swordsect
emailed him, his suggestion "try selling my euro one and buying a blacet one" WTF!?
cerebrosis
I think the option is diy faceplate or support John Blacet. Or make the euro plate work.

Id support Blacet.
vmgas
swordsect wrote:
emailed him, his suggestion "try selling my euro one and buying a blacet one" WTF!?

yea that is pretty obnoxious
fluxmonkey
after doing my DIY frac version of the terrarium, i was very happy to send john the $$ for a completed cloud gen. the 350 diy kit + fpd panel + panel components actually cost a tad more than blacet is selling the completed module for, and the build was kind of persnickety anyway.
qu.one
qu.one
Holy crap - sorry for image size!!!!
emergencyofstate
razz

can't wait to see what it looks like with banana and davies.
Adam-V
I'm actually a bit disappointed that the knobs aren't in Blacet's traditional sideways orientation.

Cheers,
Adam-V
e-grad
Gues John buys the boards with panel mounted pots from Paul who's using a different make.
Babaluma
emergencyofstate wrote:
razz

can't wait to see what it looks like with banana and davies.

how do you get davies knobs to work on blacet d-shaft pots? have tried many times but never got it to work.
paults
Ummm...doesn't matter about the pots, not a D-shaft so you can put the knob orientation any which way.
Adam-V
Sure the knobs can be oriented in any position however the scales on the panel are another thing!

Cheers,
Adam-V
Cat-A-Tonic
Adam-V wrote:
Sure the knobs can be oriented in any position however the scales on the panel are another thing!

Cheers,
Adam-V

If you really wanted to, you could remove the silk-screened dot from the right of each knob legend,
and make a new one at the bottom with a little stencil or a paint pen.

Personally, the knob orientation doesn't bother me.
SynthTech/MOTM, Wiard, STG, and BugBrand
all use the standard 'up = center' orientation.

I can understand your feeling a little though because you've built so many DIY modules with the Blacet 'left = center' orientation.
OCD pains for your monolith.
Adam-V
Yeah, it took me ages to get used to the sideways action of the Blacet modules and now I'm accustomed to to it I automatically think black modules=sideways action! I have only 1 module in my frac setup with vertical orientation and it still confuses me when I'm tweaking it and it hits the end of travel for the pots!. If I want these modules (and I do!) I'll probably end up getting them in euro for the sake of consistency

Cheers,
Adam-V
paults
If the scales are printed "sideways" then you can put the knob on "sideways", too.

Doesn't matter which way the pot is soldered into the pc board. Think about it.
Adam-V
No need to think about it at all, the picture posted above shows the scales and knobs in the traditional vertical orientation not Blacet's usual sideways orientation.

Cheers,
Adam-V
revtor
I had a bunch of frack modules and never thought about it. If I wanted more cowbell, I dialed more cowbell in by turning the knob clockwise. Who ever actually looks at tickmarks anyway, seriously?

Personally, I would have liked to see the panels made to match the older Synthtech Frack modules, but its no big deal..

~Steve
swordsect
WOW - This thread has gotten EXTREMELY off topic
fracmonkey
swordsect wrote:
WOW - This thread has gotten EXTREMELY off topic

Yeah, get off the dime and order the "Frac..ing" thing! hihi
Adam-V
revtor wrote:
Who ever actually looks at tickmarks anyway, seriously?

Well me obviously...

Cheers,
Adam-V
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1