MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

plague bearer- cv in the mult of the input - ok, not, rocks?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author plague bearer- cv in the mult of the input - ok, not, rocks?
de_raaf
i discovered by accident (or is this in the manual) by putting the mult out connecting to an output of another module (like lfo) it started to affect the sound
talking mostly about the mult of the input (edit)

is their any danger of connecting the mults on bp (which are outputs by default i guess in someway and how i think those are mentioned in the manual)) to another out put (lfo, adsr, etc)

just want to be sure f that ok or not
because it does open a extra possiblity for cv at the module itself

but i guess that probably old news?
negativspace
The mults on the Plague Bearer are simple passive mults, so all of the normal 'rules' for passive mults apply.
de_raaf
thanks for reminder, re read stuff about passive mults and its not recommend to do that. i can use a stackcable to combine audio and cv for the input if i want specific modulating at the pb inputsignal
edit:
but it does seems a bit unclear some explanations
mixing is by some said do not,, while others say it doesn't give the best result, trail or error, doesn't do damage (while others say it can, (depends on buffert outputs and inputs i guess)
flight
de_raaf wrote:
thanks for reminder, re read stuff about passive mults and its not recommend to do that. i can use a stackcable to combine audio and cv for the input if i want specific modulating at the pb inputsignal
edit:
but it does seems a bit unclear some explanations
mixing is by some said do not,, while others say it doesn't give the best result, trail or error, doesn't do damage (while others say it can, (depends on buffert outputs and inputs i guess)
You don't have to worry about it damaging the PB though. I've done this many times. It's a good way to get some unusual responses and sounds. You should make sure, however, that it won't damage whatever is being plugged into the PB.
arfo
afaik you're not supposed to use stackcables to combine audio for the usual mult-related reasons
matttech
arfo wrote:
afaik you're not supposed to use stackcables to combine audio for the usual mult-related reasons

so are multiples only really useful for sending CVs to more than one place?

it seems like (from stuff i've read) there are issues with using them to combine CV outs to a single in, and from what you're saying it sounds like i might be best avoiding using them to combine several audio sources into a single input too

so...is there anything you can do with multiples, in terms of sending OUTS to INS....or is it always better to do this using mixers?

if this has been covered a million times, if you could point me in the direction of a decent thread or two that'd be cool!
felixer
matttech wrote:
so are multiples only really useful for sending CVs to more than one place?

you can also distribute audio signals. but for mixing us an ... errrr ... mixer. easily made diy by just using, say 10k, resistors to hook up all the inputs to the output. you will lose some level, but at least you prob won't overload the next input Mr. Green check the doepfer diy pages ....
edit: everything about mults also applies to stackcables.
J3RK
Active mixers are also quite easy to DIY. (few op amps, few resistors, jacks, etc.) http://www.all-electric.com/schematic/simp_mix.htm
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1