MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TKB
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author TKB
chimologic
SUPPOSED TO BE ARRIVING HERE TOMORROW

help
parasitk
THERE BETTER BE PICS TOMORROW!!! hyper hyper hyper
b3nsf
w00t w00t w00t

I want one so bad!! 64 steps, holy crap!! 8)

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

later,
ben
chimologic
IS HERE. will try to take pictures when I actually have time to play it, only messed with it for like 10 minutes so far and is awesome.. multiple rows,awesome. touch sensitivity awesome. (pressure output goes all the way up really easily gotta figure otu if I can trim it or attenuate properly somehow) Awesome to split it in several short sequences and ativate with touch too, thats only trick I tried so far. more soon.

now waiting for the rack mixer case to ship here see if the TKB and my 2 m-odules fit in there fine.

Anyone else that has a tkb here: mine came with a power connector that fits totally fine on the m-odule power strip, but there is a second power connector with 6 pins a little thiner but with more depth (same length) whats this for?

C.
dkcg
chimologic wrote:
IS HERE. will try to take pictures when I actually have time to play it, only messed with it for like 10 minutes so far and is awesome.. multiple rows,awesome. touch sensitivity awesome. (pressure output goes all the way up really easily gotta figure otu if I can trim it or attenuate properly somehow) Awesome to split it in several short sequences and ativate with touch too, thats only trick I tried so far. more soon.

now waiting for the rack mixer case to ship here see if the TKB and my 2 m-odules fit in there fine.

Anyone else that has a tkb here: mine came with a power connector that fits totally fine on the m-odule power strip, but there is a second power connector with 6 pins a little thiner but with more depth (same length) whats this for?

C.

Send it over, I'll take a look and tell ya. lol TKB... we're not worthy
consumed
chimologic wrote:

C.

i had a brief conversation with chris/paradigmshiftbeats about my tkb--he said:
Quote:

The QTKB connects with a cable behind the panel to the extra cable that should be on your TKB to give you four dedicated quantized outputs for Rows A-D of the TKB. Really handy for setting up perfectly tuned chords or melody/harmony lines when sequencing or "playing" the touchplates.
b3nsf
Does this connector only work with the Red CV panel? sounds interesting anyways... hmmm.....
consumed
well, with the quantizer tkb module specifically. so if you found a custom panel with that then you'd be good to go. i never measured the voltage outputs on those pins but i imagine a DIY solution might be easy to implement too.
sydilaxe
There are two trimpots on the TKB (behind the panel of course) which adjust the sensitivity. Everyone requires a different touch response, so it might be a good idea to adjust these if you want a different touch response curve. I found that these would sometimes get out of whack after shipping (or transport after a gig). Great sequencer (and sound source)...enjoy!
chimologic

here she is with her m-odule friends.

TKB users: whats the easiest way to make it go back and forth pendulum style? if I plug the pulse at the last step into the direction it actually gets stuck on the last two steps, so far best solution has been to use clock divider, but that only goes up to 8 steps...

this thing is crazy. lots of possibilities.
dkcg
I don't believe it makes sound yet... hihi

let's hear it! grin we're not worthy
consumed
chimologic wrote:
TKB users: whats the easiest way to make it go back and forth pendulum style? if I plug the pulse at the last step into the direction it actually gets stuck on the last two steps, so far best solution has been to use clock divider, but that only goes up to 8 steps...

instead of sending a trigger to the direction, i think you need to send a gate high for the duration that you want it to run backwards (from memory, its been awhile, i sold my tkb awhile ago). try using your fourth row output into the direction, crank up all the steps to test.

a simple trick i liked to do: gang up the trigger outs from multiple stages into the reset input, to break your 16 stages up into smaller groups like substages (like 2x8 or 4x4). use the touchplates to move between the groups. in this case its OK to mult your triggers into the reset input (because no one stage is ever active at a time, i think is the reason).
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I need your address and a detailed schedule of when you are away from your house for.....research purposes.
chimologic
consumed wrote:

instead of sending a trigger to the direction, i think you need to send a gate high for the duration that you want it to run backwards (from memory, its been awhile, i sold my tkb awhile ago). try using your fourth row output into the direction, crank up all the steps to test.

a simple trick i liked to do: gang up the trigger outs from multiple stages into the reset input, to break your 16 stages up into smaller groups like substages (like 2x8 or 4x4). use the touchplates to move between the groups. in this case its OK to mult your triggers into the reset input (because no one stage is ever active at a time, i think is the reason).

Yeah if you look close on the picture you'll see that I am using that trick sending steps 9 and 16 to the reset input and splitting it into 2 8 steps that way. is cool.

Another trick I tried tahts pretty neat was sending a clock signal (using the top part of the smooth/stepped generator as my clock) to the vertical clock only, so that I have 16 different 4 step sequences ont he abcd output, that I can select by touching any of the touch surfaces. .

I think that a short pulse is enough to change the direction but you might be right, I'll try it tomorrow night after work.
retrosynth
To do ping pong you need a pulse divider and a CV mixer. Patch the two step outputs you wish to ping pong between into the CV mixer. Connect the output of the mixer to the input of the pulse divider. Connect the divide by two output of the pulse divider to the sequencer direction input.

-Cary
cebec
retrosynth wrote:
To do ping pong you need a pulse divider and a CV mixer. Patch the two step outputs you wish to ping pong between into the CV mixer. Connect the output of the mixer to the input of the pulse divider. Connect the divide by two output of the pulse divider to the sequencer direction input.

-Cary

nice one, Cary!
cebec
That works with an ACPR, too. Just mult the second ACPR input to the VC XFADE input and put the knob at 12 o'clock.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1