Cat Noises or biological emulation part two...

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

theantiroman
Common Wiggler

Cat Noises or biological emulation part two...

Post by theantiroman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:08 am

You know the noises that our cats make when they are staring at birds through closed windows or chasing a bug around the house? That sort of growling, chirping sound? Anyone tried to replicate that?

I'll post a recording of my cat doing it once I get my zoom back. It would be a sort of 'meta' synthesis to model the cat excited chirp in a cat based forum. :roll:

infradead
leader of the secret trombones

Post by infradead » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:17 am

lol

i cannot wait to hear where this goes.

i'll see what i can do in my G1 if i get time...
forget everything you know about sound, then turn the synth on. You can thank me later - slow_riot

cases: doepfer 6u and monster base

Tacoma Noise Rodeo

Fnord_Modular
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fnord_Modular » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:24 am

infradead wrote:lol

There's a "Cats Pad" preset in the G1. Don't remember which bank, I'll edit this one later if I find it. I've done a junglish monkey noise on G1 for a sort of oriental ambient tune I once did. But yeah, cool thread. Gonna see if I can contribute with something too.

infradead
leader of the secret trombones

Post by infradead » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:25 am

Fnord_Modular wrote:
infradead wrote:lol

There's a "Cats Pad" preset in the G1. Don't remember which bank, I'll edit this one later if I find it. I've done a junglish monkey noise on G1 for a sort of oriental ambient tune I once did. But yeah, cool thread. Gonna see if I can contribute with something too.
i'll look for it on electro music. my g1 had sounds from some other nord loaded into it..
forget everything you know about sound, then turn the synth on. You can thank me later - slow_riot

cases: doepfer 6u and monster base

Tacoma Noise Rodeo

Ranxerox
All the gear, no idea

Re: Cat Noises or biological emulation part two...

Post by Ranxerox » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:34 am

theantiroman wrote:You know the noises that our cats make when they are staring at birds through closed windows or chasing a bug around the house? That sort of growling, chirping sound? Anyone tried to replicate that?
Have a listen to Lyonel's entry into the first 2010 Artist Challenge - 'Electrocat':

viewtopic.php?t=13514

theantiroman
Common Wiggler

Post by theantiroman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:36 am

Ok I just came back in my room, the cat is in the window. She is meowing but it is very scratchy and staccato with a rapid decay and attack. ITs like a hyper bug/ bird calling meow. maybe I should let her outside...

whitewulfe
Chaos beckons, I heed the call

Post by whitewulfe » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Damn, I wish I'd backed up something I did on a friend's computer years ago, in Reason. Managed to make the sound of a screaming demonic cat that sounded like it was about to rip your soul out through your nose (or something to that effect).

I think Malstrom and Scream were the main components, but I seriously can't remember the details.

suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

Post by suboptimal » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:37 am

You guys really should stop now. There's no way they'll let you do this. There are rules, you know. Not rules like Chutes and Ladders but real rules, in this world. The ones they set to stop things like this. Just stop now, before you find yourself

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:26 am

GO

theantiroman
Common Wiggler

Post by theantiroman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:53 pm

yeah I got my zoom back, waiting for the proper time to come, that is cat perched above bed time. This is usually the morning, with the birds chirping in the window and the cat trying to attack them until someone gives her food. Sounds coming.

@suboptimal

WE'll find our spirit animals?

ripit
Pasta-far-I

Post by ripit » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 am

my cat -while staring at birds behind a closed window- is more doing a sound like "mik mik mik" ...
really strange and funny sound, but far from growling.
don't know if i can do that with a synth... just better sample her in the k2500.

Return to “Synth Noise”