MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cat Noises or biological emulation part two...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Cat Noises or biological emulation part two...
theantiroman
You know the noises that our cats make when they are staring at birds through closed windows or chasing a bug around the house? That sort of growling, chirping sound? Anyone tried to replicate that?

I'll post a recording of my cat doing it once I get my zoom back. It would be a sort of 'meta' synthesis to model the cat excited chirp in a cat based forum. meh
infradead
lol

i cannot wait to hear where this goes.

i'll see what i can do in my G1 if i get time...
Fnord_Modular
infradead wrote:
lol

There's a "Cats Pad" preset in the G1. Don't remember which bank, I'll edit this one later if I find it. I've done a junglish monkey noise on G1 for a sort of oriental ambient tune I once did. But yeah, cool thread. Gonna see if I can contribute with something too.
infradead
Fnord_Modular wrote:
infradead wrote:
lol

There's a "Cats Pad" preset in the G1. Don't remember which bank, I'll edit this one later if I find it. I've done a junglish monkey noise on G1 for a sort of oriental ambient tune I once did. But yeah, cool thread. Gonna see if I can contribute with something too.

i'll look for it on electro music. my g1 had sounds from some other nord loaded into it..
Ranxerox
theantiroman wrote:
You know the noises that our cats make when they are staring at birds through closed windows or chasing a bug around the house? That sort of growling, chirping sound? Anyone tried to replicate that?

Have a listen to Lyonel's entry into the first 2010 Artist Challenge - 'Electrocat':

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13514
theantiroman
Ok I just came back in my room, the cat is in the window. She is meowing but it is very scratchy and staccato with a rapid decay and attack. ITs like a hyper bug/ bird calling meow. maybe I should let her outside...
whitewulfe
Damn, I wish I'd backed up something I did on a friend's computer years ago, in Reason. Managed to make the sound of a screaming demonic cat that sounded like it was about to rip your soul out through your nose (or something to that effect).

I think Malstrom and Scream were the main components, but I seriously can't remember the details.
suboptimal
You guys really should stop now. There's no way they'll let you do this. There are rules, you know. Not rules like Chutes and Ladders but real rules, in this world. The ones they set to stop things like this. Just stop now, before you find yourself
dude
GO
theantiroman
yeah I got my zoom back, waiting for the proper time to come, that is cat perched above bed time. This is usually the morning, with the birds chirping in the window and the cat trying to attack them until someone gives her food. Sounds coming.

@suboptimal

WE'll find our spirit animals?
ripit
my cat -while staring at birds behind a closed window- is more doing a sound like "mik mik mik" ...
really strange and funny sound, but far from growling.
don't know if i can do that with a synth... just better sample her in the k2500.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1