MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FreqDiv Mod - LPF 'Q' Selection Switch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author FreqDiv Mod - LPF 'Q' Selection Switch
Muff Wiggler
The Frequency Divider has a DIP package on the PCB with three settings for the onboard LPF, off, on, and on (steeper). I like to replace this DIP package with a panel-mounted 3-way switch

carefully clip the four leads from the DIP package to remove it, and solder the contact to a 3-way switch.

You can see the switch I made for the panel in this pic (sorry it's so blurry)

BananaPlug
The manual says there's four possible levels of filtering (including none). It appears to be a binary setup where closing one contact has more effect than closing the other and there are four possible on/off combinations.

So what did you end up with on your switch?

Blacet:
Quote:
As the PCB legend implies, placing the #1 switch actuator in the up position results in the least filtering, followed by #2 in the up position, and both #1 and 2 in the up position. If both #1 and 2 are down, there is no filtering.


Thanks
e-grad
BananaPlug wrote:
So what did you end up with on your switch?


I'd like to know as well.

I'm thinking about a expander panel for the 12 outs plus to on/off switches to choose btn all four possible filtering levels.
idiotunderground
e-grad wrote:
BananaPlug wrote:
So what did you end up with on your switch?


I'd like to know as well.

I'm thinking about a expander panel for the 12 outs plus to on/off switches to choose btn all four possible filtering levels.


bumping this- i'd like to know the answer too!

making a panel now to squeeze all 12 jacks on there, would like to add the switch but i'm not sure which i should use hmmm.....
alesauskas
I'm gonna bump again, for the same reasons as previously stated: I'll be making this panel soon and would like to know if I need two switches or if the way muff has it rigged is the way to go.
Tubeampguy
alesauskas wrote:
I'm gonna bump again, for the same reasons as previously stated: I'll be making this panel soon and would like to know if I need two switches or if the way muff has it rigged is the way to go.


I'm going to bump this yet again! eek!
monstrinho
If I understand the schematic correctly, you'd need two two-pole switches (assuming you want all four filter possibilities brought out to the front panel).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group