FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Tatsuya Nakatani
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Tatsuya Nakatani
Tatsuya Nakatani is playing at The Agency tonight with Mark Weaver (tuba), Mike Balistreri (bass). Should be fantastic love

I can't wait to hear this up close and uncompressed by Youtube!

I haven't heard anyone play cymbals with a bow before, but I am really excited!(the videos are a tease)

The best part is we don't have to send anything through the PA, so we are going to use all the mics we have and just focus on getting the best recording we can!

Nakatani has created his own instrumentation,
effectively inventing many instruments and extended
techniques. He utilizes drumset, bowed gongs,
cymbals, singing bowls, metal objects, bells, and
various sticks and bows to create an intense, organic
music that defies category or genre. His music is
based in improvised/ experimental music, jazz, free
jazz, rock, and noise, yet retains the sense of space
and beauty found in traditional Japanese folk music.

Here is a schedule of upcoming dates, I'm sure more will be added.
Don't miss the chance to see him if he is in your area!

Ohh, and the discography is long. eek!

that looks like it will be a great gig. shame it's only a few thousand miles and an ocean away d'oh!
What an *AMAZING* show!

It was so beautiful hearing sounds created with no electricity, all 100% acoustic, that sounded like dark ambient and sounds created with synthesizers.
I really started to think about what synthesizers are "synthesizing" and the soundwaves in the air.

He played everything with a bow-cymbals, rims,toms, stands!
And the other musicians were quite amazing as well,
It was cool seeing an upright bass being abused instead of played in a traditional manner, great to see that other people out there like to experiment.

I'll upload pics of the show when the photos come back, and when we mix the session down, I'll upload something.

Imagine Dark Ambient but made with percussion, bass, tuba, shakers and other gidgets and gadgets.
This guy blew my mind. Unbelievable creativity, intensity, depth, sound, tone, rhythm. Took us on a journey from the roots of the earth to infinity. You must hear Tatsuya Nakatani live!
Had the opportunity to open for him back in the summer. very nice man. extremely creative and amazing the sounds he pulls out from his instruments.
THANK YOU -- this is amazing... one of the best new discoveries recently, thanks all to this thread...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1